PSR800 will not update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

The PSR800 I have does not seem to update the CPU and the Firmware...

The programming software seems to think it is updated but on the display itself it does not seem to change...

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Format perhaps?

The system is a Windows 7 if that means anything and I use the stock USB cable that came with the PSR800...

Darkstar350

Well whats happening here is that the PSR800 in question does not appear to have the last firmware installed as it is and supposedly which is the firmware update that is needed for P25 phase 2 capabilities...

As i posted the Ez scan software seems to think it is updated but on the update mode screen it still says it has the older version and the thing is there is no full phase 2 systems yet in my area so i wouldn't know if it was indeed capable or not...

marksmith

What does the scanner say? If it says 1.9 on the firmware and 1.3 on the dsp version then the scanner is updated and your ezscan just isn't saying it. If you do a copy from scanner/card to pc in this case it usually fixes that.

If you are not updated this might also help as it will get ezscan and the scanner on the same page and may let you update.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP1/HP2/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800 +

Darkstar350

This is what the screen reads when in "update mode"
"uP Boot Ver:F1.0
uP App1 Ver:U1.8"

And it still continues to read that despite Ezscan saying that it is updated...
Im thinking I should possibly do a factory restore of some sort then just start over but I would like to know some pointers from anyone who has maybe had a similar problem with this...

Thanks

marksmith

Have you read from to card to the ezscan app yet?.

This will sometimes correct what the software thinks and then permit you to update.

Mark

baayers

If you have 1.8 then you already have the phase 2 update. FW 1.9 only resolves an error with EDACS patching. this update makes no changes to anything involving P 25.

marksmith

You should still be able to upgrade this radio to 1.9. Its just a matter of getting the PC software to agree with your radio. Uploading data from your radio to the software should fix this.

Mark

Darkstar350

So I did the copy from to the software thing and still the same issue...

also on the automatic update check it says that I only have version 1.0 of both the DSP and CPU...

marksmith

That is your no audio on p2 issue.

You can scan p2 but to be able to decode the audio it needs to be min firmware 1.8 with dsp version 1.3. The dsp 1.0 is what is killing you. I don't know what happened to mine at one point but I ended up with dsp 1.0 and had to re-update it.

I don't know what else to tell you to try except re installing the ezscan software from scratch.

Mark
BCD536HP/HP-1E/HP-2E/BCD996XT/BCD396XT(2)/BCD996T/PSR-800/PRO-96 +

N8IAA

also on the automatic update check it says that I only have version 1.0 of both the DSP and CPU...

Mine said the same a couple of days ago. Press the Menu button right after turning on the scanner. It will show what versions are presently on the scanner. Just ignored the DSP and CPU updates and did the library.
Larry

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
This is what the screen reads when in "update mode"
"uP Boot Ver:F1.0
uP App1 Ver:U1.8"

And it still continues to read that despite Ezscan saying that it is updated...
Im thinking I should possibly do a factory restore of some sort then just start over but I would like to know some pointers from anyone who has maybe had a similar problem with this...

Thanks

This means the factory version is F1.0 and the user version (the one updated with the software) is U1.8. So you are current.

Why do you believe you have version 1.0 of the DSP and CPU?

marksmith

This means the factory version is F1.0 and the user version (the one updated with the software) is U1.8. So you are current.

Why do you believe you have version 1.0 of the DSP and CPU?
Actually, current would be firmware 1.9, but firmware 1.8 would get the radio p2 ready. With firmware 1.8 was a dsp update from 1.0 to 1.3. This update is needrd for the radio to actually be able to decode p2 voice. It will receive the p2 site and show talkgroups and "look" like it is working, but inless it has dsp 1.3 thats all you get. No sound.

Should be able to update this radio to firmware 1.9 and dsp version 1.3. That is the current (and final) update for the PSR-800. If you can only get it to 1.8/1.3 it will work. All 1.9 fixed was a small EDACS issue.

The issue sounds like it is with the ezscan software that is not in agreement with the radio and won't let the upgrade process run.

Mark

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Actually, current would be firmware 1.9, but firmware 1.8 would get the radio p2 ready. With firmware 1.8 was a dsp update from 1.0 to 1.3. This update is needrd for the radio to actually be able to decode p2 voice. It will receive the p2 site and show talkgroups and "look" like it is working, but inless it has dsp 1.3 thats all you get. No sound.

Should be able to update this radio to firmware 1.9 and dsp version 1.3. That is the current (and final) update for the PSR-800. If you can only get it to 1.8/1.3 it will work. All 1.9 fixed was a small EDACS issue.

The issue sounds like it is with the ezscan software that is not in agreement with the radio and won't let the upgrade process run.

Mark

Ok, my point was he is at DSP 1.8 according to his earlier post, but he seems to think he's at 1.0. I'd put money on the CPU being 1.3 and not 1.0 like he thinks it is...but I could be wrong. :wink:

Darkstar350

Ok so I uninstalled Ezscan then I reinstalled it and in the screenshot is whats going on now...

Also when I try to update the CPU it kind of "freezes" for a few minutes only to say "your scanner was not detected on any ports..."

Attachments

• scnscn.jpg
    scnscn.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 721

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Read the starred message, it indicates your scanner isn't available.

You need to get the driver installed more than likely.

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
If you are using windows 8.1, you have to disable unsigned drivers verification. It will prevent driver from installing and for scanner to be unavailable.

If that not the case then hold the menu button for seconds and hit power on while hold the menu button. Then it will go into programming mode and then you can flash it with newer firmware, assuming the driver installed and scanner works. I had the same problem with mines it won't flash, after forcing it, then it worked

How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If you are using windows 8.1, you have to disable unsigned drivers verification. It will prevent driver from installing and for scanner to be unavailable.

If that not the case then hold the menu button for seconds and hit power on while hold the menu button. Then it will go into programming mode and then you can flash it with newer firmware, assuming the driver installed and scanner works. I had the same problem with mines it won't flash, after forcing it, then it worked

How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

Or better yet, press the power button, immediately after that hold the menu button though the complete boot up process. The CPU/DSP versions will be displayed and you can report what it shows. I'd bet money you have 1.8 and 1.3, not 1.0 on both.

Darkstar350

yeah theres a screw up somewhere because I definitely don't have 1.0 on both...
on the update screen it says "F1.0 U1.8"

and im using Windows 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.