PSR-800 HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman200

Premium Subscriber
My PSR 800 keeps freezing up at random while scanning using the USB cable in my cigarette lighter adapter. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to work again. One time when it froze, the green led came on solid.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
If you aren't powering up or down properly or removing/inserting the sd card while it's on you're probably corrupting the sd card which should give you an error code to reference via the manual.

RDGDigital

I had several similar problems with my PSR-800, one of which is it would freeze and I would have to remove the batteries and then put them back in to get it to work again. I eventually traced the problem to a poor connection. I replaced the the cigarette lighter adapter and the cable and my problems have since gone away. Apparently when using it in an auto it becomes very sensitive to power interruptions. I noticed that sometimes when I'd hit even a small bump in the road the cable would twist and momentarily disconnect the scanner. Every time this happened, something would happen to my scanner.

Hope this helps.

TAbirdman

No error message comes up, the thing will just freeze up and sometimes the led light will come on solid green when it freezes

Are you using a 12v to 5v USB adapter? Its possible that some cheap ones don't have enough current to run the scanner and its limiting the scanner causing this problem. Need to have an adapter that is capable of running an iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.