PSR-500 & Wichita Ks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
I recently reprogrammed my PSR-500 to the new project 25 system for Wichita, ks. , but it's not making a peep.
I'm using don's win500 and web importing the settings, just like I've done a gazillion times before, so I'm stumped. I can hear the KSICS system just fine, but not the new system for Sedgwick county.
Is this a narrow band system? Is this a system my scanner can't hear? I don't see that anywhere. Anyone else having this problem? Any Ideas?

talkpair

You might want to set up a search for the control channel.
It should be between 854.0625 and 859.9625

According to a note in the database, this is a Cassidian system and that the control channel could be any of the 20 channels on this system.

For this reason, you should probably program all 20 into the radio instead of the three channels listed as control channels.

121940kz

I recently reprogrammed my PSR-500 to the new project 25 system for Wichita, ks. , but it's not making a peep.
I'm using don's win500 and web importing the settings, just like I've done a gazillion times before, so I'm stumped. I can hear the KSICS system just fine, but not the new system for Sedgwick county.
Is this a narrow band system? Is this a system my scanner can't hear? I don't see that anywhere. Anyone else having this problem? Any Ideas?
I don't know how Win500 is but when I programmed Sedgwick into my psr-500 a while ago I used Arc 500. It allows you to put like 28 or so control channels in on a trunking system so I put them all in that way I wouldn't be missing anything. Try adding all channels.

RDGDigital

I just took a look at the Shelby County Project 25 system and even though the System Type in the database lists it as a "Project 25 Phase I" system, the note in the "Misc System Information" says when complete it will be a "Project 25 Phase II" system. Could this be your problem? I'm not familiar with Kansas, but if this truly is a Phase II system then the PSR-500 would not be able to monitor it.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help, hope you eventually get it figured out.

121940kz

I just took a look at the Shelby County Project 25 system and even though the System Type in the database lists it as a "Project 25 Phase I" system, the note in the "Misc System Information" says when complete it will be a "Project 25 Phase II" system. Could this be your problem? I'm not familiar with Kansas, but if this truly is a Phase II system then the PSR-500 would not be able to monitor it.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help, hope you eventually get it figured out.
related to Sedgwick co ems/fire, do you, or anyone, know what they mean when dispatch pages out ems, and says what the problem is, and then says "your mat page is 5343". Or they will say some other number like 5950. I think they are saying "mat page" but not sure what that is. Any ideas? It's not a talk group I don't think....

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the replies. My scanner is listening to Sedgwick County from the West side of the county, but I'm only about 10 miles from a county tower.
I'll make sure I have all the channels loaded, I'm pretty sure there is a check box in my win 500 program that indicates control or all freqs. That's got to be it. thanks.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Reference the dispatch quoting a "mat page"; it's probably a map page; the page where responding units would find the address. It could be a page from a commercial map book publisher, or from a city agency.

121940kz

Reference the dispatch quoting a "mat page"; it's probably a map page; the page where responding units would find the address. It could be a page from a commercial map book publisher, or from a city agency.
Thank you that makes sense!

Redneck0410

related to Sedgwick co ems/fire, do you, or anyone, know what they mean when dispatch pages out ems, and says what the problem is, and then says "your mat page is 5343". Or they will say some other number like 5950. I think they are saying "mat page" but not sure what that is. Any ideas? It's not a talk group I don't think....

It is indeed a Map page... Also, concerning the system in general, it is a simulcast system, so you may have to play with some of the settings on the scanner itself in order to get it to work... see this thread here: http://forums.radioreference.com/ka...-sedgwick-country-p25-threshold-settings.html

Status
Not open for further replies.