Marine VHF on a Whistler 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddsbstrb

I am a newbie to the Whistler 1080 Scanner; however, I have been around scanning since tunable Heathkits, and crystal BearCats. I am, slowly, getting up-to-speed on the 1080; as, I have a relic GRE PSR-600 and am used to programming from RR.

In the summer, I sometimes will visit the Great Lakes, especially the Lake Erie southern shore along northern Ohio. I thought it would be great to have the Marine VHF channels on my new, Whistler 1080 scanner I just received this month.

Being land-locked in SW-Ohio, I notice the Marine Freq's never seem to appear on the several inland counties around my area of Ohio (Clark Co.)

Those of you along the North-Shore-area of Ohio or other Great Lakes areas, coastal or large rivers, where do you find the list of Marine VHF frequencies on RR.

If all else fails, I guess I could bit-the-bullet and enter them, manually. I have never attempted a manual-entry with my PSR-600, nor the new 1080.

If this should have been posted in the Marine topic-area, please move. I thought since this was a specific question for the 1080 freq. database, I would try this area, first.

Thanks for the information.

Last edited:

ecps92

They are under Nationwide at
Maritime Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
also in the Wiki at
Marine VHF Channels - The RadioReference Wiki

I am a neebie to the Whistler 1080 Scanner; however, I have been around scanning since tunable Heathkits, and crystal BearCats. I am, slowly, getting up-to-speed on the 1080; as, I have a relic GRE PSR-600 and am used to programming from RR.

In the summer, I sometimes will visit the Great Lakes, especially the Lake Erie southern shore along northern Ohio. I thought it would be great to have the Marine VHF channels on my new, Whistler 1080 scanner I just received this month.

Being land-locked in SW-Ohio, I notice the Marine Freq's never seem to appear on the several inland counties around my area of Ohio (Clark Co.)

Those of you along the North-Shore-area of Ohio or other Great Lakes areas, coastal or large rivers, where do you find the list of Marine VHF frequencies on RR.

If all else fails, I guess I could bit-the-bullet and enter them, manually. I have never attempted a manual-entry with my PSR-600, nor the new 1080.

If this should have been posted in the Marine topic-area, please move. I thought since this was a specific question for the 1080 freq. database, I would try this area, first.

Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.