WS-1080 Software Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpm3

I'm unable to find a thread fro the WS-1080 software in the software topic group and have a question (re: display configuration / font size options). Where might I post such questions? This is the most closely related area that I can find. Any direction/advice would be helpful.

dpm3

I am running the program on my desktop computer utilizing a somewhat large (27") monitor. The layout of the program leaves large empty "void" spaces while the font size is so small that one is confronted with a large list of items that are difficult to easily locate and read specific items to edit, etc. I am wondering if there is way to increase the font size, thereby enlarging the displays and utilizing the open space thereby improving readability. I am attaching a file that might better illustrate what I am attempting to describe. If there is a way to improve the font size / readability of the screen in this program, I'd appreciate any advice others here might be able to share.

Attachments

• WS1080 Screen-sm.jpg
    WS1080 Screen-sm.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 534

RDGDigital

There is no way to enlarge the font within the software. There are a few things you can do in Windows to help, none of which are perfect. One is to change your displays resolution, but then what's the point of having a nice 27" monitor if it's going to look like an enlarged 17" monitor? Another option is under Control Panel>>Appearance and Personalization>>Display you can increase the font size by 125% or 150%. The downside of this is that it affects everything in Windows and not just the EZ Scan software. It will also cause some of the text in EZ Scan to word-wrap causing them to overlay on top of the next setting. This is not really a big deal since it only happens for the Backlight Settings on the General Settings tab and is easy to work around (see image).

7lQLO2u.jpg

The third solution is to use the Window's Magnifier Tool. This takes a little getting use to, but it does a pretty good job and it doesn't permanently affect anything in Windows and is only in effect while it is active. See this image for an example...

Window's Magnifier Tool - Warning: Large Image

As I said none of them are a perfect solution but one of them may work for you. Personally, I chose to increase the font size by 125% since I had other programs that were difficult to see and this worked best for me. I hope one of these can work for you.

dpm3

Rick, thanks for the informative reply. My Windows setting is already at 150%. It appears that I'm going to have to just deal with the readability issue. In the big scheme of things this isn't an existential threat to my enjoyment of the scanner or the utility of EZ-Scan program, but I had hoped there might be a way to work some improvement. I appreciate the suggestions.

budevans

Rick, thanks for the informative reply. My Windows setting is already at 150%. It appears that I'm going to have to just deal with the readability issue. In the big scheme of things this isn't an existential threat to my enjoyment of the scanner or the utility of EZ-Scan program, but I had hoped there might be a way to work some improvement. I appreciate the suggestions.

There is a quicker and easier way to enlarge or reduce the screen size.

To Enlarge the screen Press/hold the CTRL Key and then press the + (plus) key. If you keep tapping/pressing the + key the screen keeps getting larger.

To Reduce the screen Press/hold the CTRL key and then press the - (minus) key.

RDGDigital

There is a quicker and easier way to enlarge or reduce the screen size.

To Enlarge the screen Press/hold the CTRL Key and then press the + (plus) key. If you keep tapping/pressing the + key the screen keeps getting larger.

To Reduce the screen Press/hold the CTRL key and then press the - (minus) key.

That works fine in you browser, but it doesn't do anything in the EZ Scan software.

RDGDigital

Sorry that none of my suggestions will work for you. But just to let you know, in "Control Panel>>Appearance and Personalization>>Display" on the left side of the screen is an option for "Set custom text size (DPI)" where you can increase the font size up to 500%. That's probably way over kill, but maybe 200% will work for you. For me even 200% is way too much and causes almost all programs I run to not fit on the screen. They all will have both horizontal and vertical scroll bars. But then I don't have a 27" screen, so maybe it will work for you.

Another thing I sometimes do is I'll move the EZ Scan software to my second monitor. My second monitor is 17" but it only has a resolution of 1280x1024 and the EZ Scan software will fill the whole screen nicely. When I'm programming my WS1080 I like to have the EZ Scan software open on this monitor and on my main monitor I'll toggle between the RR Database and a Spreadsheet application where I keep everything I scan in an orderly arrangement.

Sorry, but I realize that none of these option may be a solution, but just wanted to let you know. If I were in your position I think I'd learn to use the Windows Magnifier tool. Anyway, good luck with whatever you come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.