PSR-800: CPU Firmware 2.0 Update is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDGDigital

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a CPU Firmware update for the PSR-800 available. I was able to update with no problems, although I'm not sure what the update does. Probably some of the same issues Whistler recently fixed with the WS1080 and the PSR-668.

Also, I remember DonS saying a while back that the guy who does the GRE updates is doing them Gratis since he has on one to charge his time to. So DonS if you're reading this, please pass along a big thanks from us PSR-800 users for providing these updates, it's very much appreciated.

SCPD

QRT
Says very clearly in the release notes:

Version U2.0 - June 4, 2015
•Fixed Audio Boost handling for analog frequencies.
•EDACS ESK detection fixes

KeyManDOC

I have the GRE PSR800. I bought it new and have never updated anything that is available to update. Where do I find the update(s) available? Thanks, Jim

rwier

I have the GRE PSR800. I bought it new and have never updated anything that is available to update. Where do I find the update(s) available? Thanks, Jim

The updates are done using the EZScan Software (on your computer) while connected to the scanner by a suitable cable. If you have previously connected successfully, you are good to go.

spryte_Ly

CPU Firmware 2.0 Update - Update Failed

Greetings,

I just tried to update the firmware on my PSR-800 and got the message "Update Failed". No error code given.

Tried with scanner Off, then On, same result.

Software is latest, Ver. 1.09 (there is no Help).
Manual says to contact GREAmerica with the error code.
Radio is connected via quality USB cable and other transfers work properly.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Regards

spryte_Ly

Firmware Update finally installed

I finally got the Firmware Update installled...

I usually run GRECOM EZScan from my user account by "RunAs..." and use the admin account as tha is the only way I can Write to the PSR-800.
It seems that to do this particular function I actually have to be running GRECOM EZScan FROM the Admin account.

Lesson learned!

P.S.
Is this normal?

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
So I am finally getting around to updating my little-used PSR-800 as I am seeing an opportunity to use it more again. I had no issue with database updates nor any issues with previous firmware updates but I cannot get the scanner to update to 2.0. I tried what one user found to be a solution and that was to run EZ Scan as administrator. Still no go for me. Every attempt results in a message that the software was unable to determine if the scanner entered update mode. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rick - KR3LC

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a PSR-800 but want to thank DonS anyway.

He is such an asset to the hobby and deserves recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.