1095 vs HP2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I currently have an HP2 in my vehicle 2014 Subaru Outback

Was wondering on the remote head I would guess the speaker is in the main body? So an external speaker might be in order?

Did have a 1080 prior to the HP 2 and did not like how in operated; I.e. Downloaded my county TG and various VHF-UHF freqs seemed to work fine. I would guess the 1095 is the same operational as the 1080?

Am considering one, does not have the versatile of the HP2 but might be an all around better scanner?

Thank

John

joeuser

The Wretched
I currently have an HP2 in my vehicle 2014 Subaru Outback

Was wondering on the remote head I would guess the speaker is in the main body? So an external speaker might be in order?

Did have a 1080 prior to the HP 2 and did not like how in operated; I.e. Downloaded my county TG and various VHF-UHF freqs seemed to work fine. I would guess the 1095 is the same operational as the 1080?

Am considering one, does not have the versatile of the HP2 but might be an all around better scanner?

Thank

John

Don't think either is better than the other except in the eyes of the user.

I think you'd be happier with what you got, the HP2. You seem to like it & I know I like it, plus... You already own it!

jackj

Remote Head

Yes ... the 1080 and 1095 will be virtually identical.

Just a different format. Honestly ... if you did not like the 1080, the 1095 is probably not for you.

You can get the manual here .... and yes speaker in the body of the main unit.

https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/product-catalog-us/radio-scanner/ws1095-digital-scanner.html

The speaker in the main unit kind of defeats the purpose of a remote head. IMO, the whole idea of a remote head is so that you have the controls you need in a smaller package that frees up mounting locations for the main unit. If you can't mount the unit in the trunk or the rear of your SUV because you can't hear the audio, then why pay extra. And don't try to tell me that it doesn't cost extra to have a remote head.

SCPD

QRT
Properly configuring a remote head unit eliminates your concern. Like my amateur equipment .. and the 1095, there is the facility to fix any speaker concerns.

It is called the external speaker ... you just install it where you can hear it. There is no problem here.

jackj

Ok, thanks edmscan. Is there a jack on the remote head for an external speaker or do you have to run another pair of wires from the main unit?

SCPD

QRT
The nice thing .. the body of the 1095 is very small, so that you can literally velcro it under your dash somewhere and run the speaker off it.

Industrial strength velcro works very well for this purpose.

marksmith

Have an hp2 myself but looking at the 1095 because of the potential better mounting opportunities.

If that does not pan out, it looks like a great base radio for the rack. Have always liked the sensitivity and digital decoding clarity of the psr800.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.