WS1095: What SD card are you using thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have had not a great deal of success trying to find a SD card that will work properly with the WS-1095. (other than the stock one)

Either the card will not work at all .. or there will be skipping of words when playing audio in the 1095. This is not a problem with the scanner .. but the card. Lets face it .. some cards work, some don't.

So .. because I cannot buy a ton of cards at random to see if they work, I am hoping to find what other 1095 users are using.

The stock card works 100% properly from my testing .. but they are of an older flavor. As such they are hard to find and can be only found on Ebay from what I have seen.

Just a note .. I have tried "Prepare Scanner Memory / SD Card for use" .. as well as the "SD Formatter" application. Some cards simply will not work no matter how you try to format it.

For the benefit of the community .. a picture is worth 1000 words. If you can attach a pic of your card that would be great benefit but of course optional.

I have attached my SanDisk card that does work .. but the audio is often choppy and there are missed words.

Attachments

• SD.jpeg
    SD.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 649
Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I bought a couple of SD cards from China today .. identical to the stock WS-1095 cards.

Hopefully they will work .. and end my quest to find SD cards that actually work as they should.

I will post on this thread once I have tested them.

But that does not prevent people from posting those SD cards that do work in this scanner. That would be a benefit to the community here as a whole.

CVASSB

Are they still using 2 GB Micro SD cards? My PSR 800 has them. Are they using the 2 GB Micro SD cards in the Whistler 1095? I'll probably buy some more of those cards online when I buy the W 1095. I have two for my PSR-800.

SCPD

QRT
I have also determined that the 1095 is capturing .. over 99% of the radio id numbers when sitting on a single talkgroup. That is amazing.

So guess the stock SD cards are working very well.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Just picked up a couple of these for $9 each:
Kingston 16 GB microSD High Capacity (microSDHC) - Class 10/UHS-I - 90 MBps Read - 45 MBps Write

Seem to work fine.

I'll test out my Samsung and Sandisks next.

CVASSB

I searched the card issues this morning because of conflicting reports. I just want to make sure about the card size. So it's the Standard 4 GB card(Bigger card),and not the MicroSD card?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
That is correct .. normal SD card, not the smaller microSD.

You can however use a microSD card with a microSD to SD card adapter.

SCPD

QRT
I have been informed that these Kingston cards work just fine in the 1095 .. with no skipping on the audio recordings. Model No. SD10V/16GBCR

Attachments

• IMG_20150730_150143-2.jpg
    IMG_20150730_150143-2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 447

nbannan

Premium Subscriber
Tried some Lexar 16GB cards but NG on either (2 pack)

Tried some Lexar 16GB cards but NG on either
Lexar Platinum II16GB SDHC Class 10
300X 45MB/s
could not get unit to boot to theses no matter what I formatted with etc.
Message appears on Scanner LCD 0000002 error.

Worked well (but have not tested recorded audio for any issues etc.)
Boot well however:
SanDisk Ultra Plus 16GB SDHC Class 10
80MB/s

just thought I would share my findings. Stock card works fine as well.
I tried using USB to scanner for format as well as via an SD to USB adapter=NG on the 2 lexars.

Status
Not open for further replies.