Problem with digital trunk reception 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks4pz

I can receive distorted digital transmissions when I load using the preloaded library directly, but when I create a V scan library using default levels, I do not receive the trunk system at all. There is only one transmitter site in the county and I am wondering if I need to compensate. I can see that I am receiving 3 to 4 bars but there is no T indication, no ID, nor sound. Non trunk works but reception is very poor compared to my PSr-500. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

baptistjcat

Have you ever had any reception before ? I have to use a directional anteena to receive any p25 digital reception. When I programmed my 1080 I did all of my programming from the units library.

ks4pz

I did some testing today. The scanner picks up analog trunk very well. It does not pick up P25 digital outside of a 10 mile radius to a tower. Does not pick up at all in my home county. My county only had 1 tower. My other scanners do pick up digital transmissions much further away. I have to believe I must be able to adjust the input threshold to increase sensitivity. Just don't know what to adjust.

Zamson25

Premium Subscriber
If you are using the stock antenna try a RadioShack 800 mhz antenna. I use one and it is much better than the stock antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.