Pro-651

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS11581

Pro-651 issue

Having a issue with my Pro-651. I've looked for answers and haven't found anything yet so here I am. Is there anyway to shut off the Control Channel Only scanning feature so that i can program all the system frequencies myself, instead of programming just the one control channel and the scanner doing the rest of the job? Reason is, when monitoring the Connecticut State Police Motorola P-25 system, the scanner half the time stops on this one specific frequency that has nothing to do with the system. There's not even a active transmission on this one frequency causing me to miss a lot of calls. I just want to get this one frequency out of my scanners head so i can live in peace.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
As long as your scanner is locked on the control channel the scanner will follow the commands that the control channel sends out. I would look at all my talk groups and see if anything is going to data terminals . The scanner in trunking will always follow the control channel.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The scanner will always follow the control channel commands. It does matter if it control channel only or not. I would look at my Talk Groups for a Talk Group going to a data terminal or water tank level ect.
The scanner will always follow the data channel data stream.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
If you're talking about Connecticut State Police Trunking System, then the system is actually a Motorola Type II system using P25 CAI. Most of the time a Motorola system will require you to program the rebanded trunking tables in order to function correctly. A true P25 system broadcasts this information automatically and requires no action. If you're using software, then it should be fairly easy to find the Trunking Tables (T Tables) menu (instructions can be found in previous link) and set it to rebanded.

If you're programming by hand, then follow the following instructions. EDIT the TSYS, scroll down until you hit T Tables:, switch this to Custom and hit SEL/ENT. Program the following tables:

Table 01
Lo Chan: 440
Hi Chan: 559
Offset: 440
Base: 851.02500
Step: 25.000

Table 02
Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 719
Offset: 0
Base: 851.01250
Step: 25.000

Last edited:

Septa3371CSX1

As noted above you need to make sure you have the 800 rebanded tables selected and the system tables marked as "custom" for it to work. Most likely the noise you're hearing is because the radio is getting from the control channel data to go to a channel between 440 and 559 which if you use the default configuration goes to a frequency between 861 and 863. Using the correct tables should prevent that.

JS11581

After months of thinking this scanner is crap you guys fixed my problem. I had to input the rebanding table. You guys are awesome...thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.