Amplified speaker recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I have a GRE PSR500 that I like to use mobile at times, but the audio somewhat sucks to be honest. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good amplified speaker that will allow me to receive louder, better quality audio while mobile. Thanks for your time.

savage308

when i go to the farmers market here or out in the back yard i have baught a ridgid portable work site radio witha ipod or mp3 player port , and plug my psr-500 in with the mini jack , minimal volume on the scanner and crank up the radiowork great for me

joeuser

The Wretched

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
Believe it or not I use several Bluetooth speakers for my scanners. The quality of the audio is much better and louder than the internal speakers. Auvio is the brand name that I use and there are several sizes you can purchase.

I use an audio cable and also have a Bluetooth Tao Tronics Transmitter that connects to the radio.

baybum

Find a computer speaker that runs on 9-15 volts DC. Been running one in my truck over 20 years now. Cheapest way to go and very loud, adjustable volume.

DJ11DLN

+1 on posts #5 & #6, both work well. Haven't ever messed with bluetooth but an FM micro-transmitter also works well if you don't mind finding a vacant frequency now and then if you travel a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.