WS1080: Reset Before Disposing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
As I have stated before, I update/manage a WS1080 for my elderly uncle.

I spoke with him a few days ago and it was clear that the radio is just not going to work for him. Reasons are that the screen is just too small, text is hard to read/understand and he has always struggle with changing scanlists.

Because he really enjoys listening, I just went ahead and setup one of my scanners that has a large screen and simpler menu and he is very happy with it and took to it like a duck to water.

Don't really know what I will do with this radio, I don't need it.

My question is, what is the proper method to reset it to remove all the changes (not firmware) I have made since removing it from the box? I am reading conflicting directions from different sources.

Thanks.

Last edited:

TAbirdman

go to main menu/set location/clear channels and this will clear all the scanlists.

SCPD

QRT
go to main menu/set location/clear channels and this will clear all the scanlists.

Thanks. Does this clear settings changes as well?

WHY????

Are you afraid they get your SS number?

Not a matter of privacy.

I will most likely be donating it to nonprofit organization which will in turn sell it online and I don't know about you but I would hope that if I bought a used scanner online the prior owner would take the extra few minutes to make it "factory default".

Phreakin318

As I have stated before, I update/manage a WS1080 for my elderly uncle.

I spoke with him a few days ago and it was clear that the radio is just not going to work for him. Reasons are that the screen is just too small, text is hard to read/understand and he has always struggle with changing scanlists.

Because he really enjoys listening, I just went ahead and setup one of my scanners that has a large screen and simpler menu and he is very happy with it and took to it like a duck to water.

Don't really know what I will do with this radio, I don't need it.

My question is, what is the proper method to reset it to remove all the changes (not firmware) I have made since removing it from the box? I am reading conflicting directions from different sources.

Thanks.

hey I sent you a pm

SCPD

QRT
Just wondering .. what scanner did you give to him now ?

BCD436HP.

He lives in a great location for scanning, high elevation and close to a state border with decent size counties/cities within the range of the ST2 antenna we put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.