PSR-800: Win 7-64 woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
When I connect PSR800 to computer it insists it is an Unknown USB Device (even though it works fine with same cable on Win 10 and Vista laptops.) I can read and write to the SD card by putting it in the card reader attached to Win 7 machine. I can Update the Driver for the unknown device and it says it is updated, but radio is still not recognized. How can I get the computer to recognize the device? I have tried to update the drivers with requirement for signed drivers turned off.
Ron

SCPD

QRT
When I connect PSR800 to computer it insists it is an Unknown USB Device (even though it works fine with same cable on Win 10 and Vista laptops.) I can read and write to the SD card by putting it in the card reader attached to Win 7 machine. I can Update the Driver for the unknown device and it says it is updated, but radio is still not recognized. How can I get the computer to recognize the device? I have tried to update the drivers with requirement for signed drivers turned off.
Ron

As I posted before in regards to a WS1080.

Try shutting the computer completely down then plug in the USB cable/scanner while the computer is off and then boot up. Works for me.

The issue resides with how the scanner utilizes the USB Mass Storage driver file ubstor.sys, on some computers. Whistler is aware and claims that "only a small group" are affected.

I use 7 Ultimate and 7 Enterprise x64.

As I stated before, if this or the card reader workaround don't work for you, call Whistler, maybe if enough people call they will fix this issue.

Last edited:

marksmith

Have not had an issue with either radio and use win 7-64. Will keep in mind though. Always good to keep these solutions in mind when they come about.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

AC2OY

Great find or I should say job!! Ever since I had my "little accident with my computer,my 800 and computer doesn't want to talk to each other anymore. When I plug the scanner in it sYs utilizing USB something then the moving clock appears. But when I try to update anything I get a no. Saying a error occurred or device or scanner not recognized but yet in device manager the USB port say GRE PSR 800. I have been so frustrated with this and many other issues I just quit for this weekend. Tomorrow or whenever I'll trying uninstalling the driver then or try the workaround thing. It can't be too serious but my head hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.