PSR-800: MicroSD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD999

So I got an 8gb class 10. I had to take it back it jus't didn't want to work. Did anyone else try a class 10 in their 800?

SCPD

QRT
It is not unusual at all for cards to not work .. and thinking that a class 10 card is better than a slower card .. is just wrong. The PSR800 .. does not benefit at all from a class 10 card.

The cards that I have seen to work the best ... Kingston and Sandisk.

jackj

I have used a Sandisk 32 Gig, class 10 in my 800. It seemed to work fine but it was really s-l-o-w to boot up. I'm currently using an 8 Gig, class 4 Kingston. I have used several different brands and sizes of cards and have never found one that wouldn't work.

SCPD

QRT
I have used a Sandisk 32 Gig, class 10 in my 800. It seemed to work fine but it was really s-l-o-w to boot up. I'm currently using an 8 Gig, class 4 Kingston. I have used several different brands and sizes of cards and have never found one that wouldn't work.

It takes 1 sec per GB of card size for the scanner to boot. That is dependent on the size of the card, so 32 GB = 32 sec and 8 GB = 8 sec.

The thing about the cards .. some will not boot at all, and some will have skipped audio when you do audio recording on them.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
PSR-800: Micro SD Card

I have found that if I re-format a new card using SDFormat, then put it in the radio and format it within EZ-Scan the cards all work OK. The previous post about boot up times is also correct-The larger the card, the longer the boot up.

I have gone as high as the 64g I use in my camera, but I keep an 8g in the scanner and another 8g programmed the same, as a spare, as I sometime forget to turn off the radio before unplugging the car cord, and I have scrogged a card more than once. I have found that I do not run out of space when recording on a 8g card, although I do not run more than 1 day before dumping the files.

JK

SCPD

QRT
I have found that if I re-format a new card using SDFormat, then put it in the radio and format it within EZ-Scan the cards all work OK.

You are fine with doing it in the EZScan software only .. you are really doing the same thing twice. EZScan will just zap what you just did in SDFormat.

SDFormat is not a requirement at all for these scanners. I do have some Sony cards for example that will not work .. no matter which of these programs I use. Just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.