Just purchased used PSR800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finto

I used to have one years ago. Can this still be updated via ez scan? If so where can I Download ez scan? Will any of the whistler software work if ez scan isn't available anymore? I'm referring to simple programming the database and not firmware updates. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
The EZ Scan software can be found on the GRE website or thru links in a couple of different forum topics here. The Whistler software is not recommended to be used due to several hardware changes between the 2 radios.

Finto

Thank you guys for the answers. Got the ez scan software . Will not recognize the scanner only way to updat library is to use card reader on the PC. Running windows 10 any suggestions to update firmware as it will not update with just sd card in PC .

Few other things. Have a scan list that isn't recognized when I select it it says nothing to scan but it is full of objects on ez scan . Also it will not receive any P25 phase 1 . Some talk groups even come in as encrypted even though they are not. My 436 with same antenna is getting everything normally. Weather comes in fine and normal conventional channels seem great. Any tweaks? Global and individual att. both are off. I appreciate everything. I switched from diamond 77 to RS 800 to my DPD multi in the attic and no P25 on any with PSR 800

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
PSR 800

If you have 64 bit Win 10, the problem is most likely a driver. Check the Devices in the Control Panel with the scanner connected. If there is a ? or ! by it, delete it, disconnect the scanner cable, and reboot the computer. Plug the cable in and see if Windows can find the correct driver. I have used this with success on some driver problems.

The scanning issue may be because you did not get the correct Sites selected. Include the wildcard setting if you don't have it activated.

SCPD

QRT
http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/315172-psr-800-windows-10-a.html

See post #22 for your Windows 10 issue. That should allow you to update your firmware once you are done.

You have to use the USB cable connected to the scanner for firmware updates. This is the one time you must do that.

Btw .. you do not want to use the USB connection for anything but updating the firmware. Use a card reader otherwise .. you will be eternally happier doing that. Way faster and more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.