GRE PSR-500 locks on weak control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squelchtail

I use a PSR-500 on a rubber duck to monitor a statewide 800 moto digital trunk system. I only have local area towers in the control channel list and it is set on stationary. The scanner checks the week control channel first even though I have the strongest local twr in the control channel list first. It locks on that week control channel and get confused when the same traffic is on the local strong channel. Is there a way to check the strong local twr first?

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
I use a PSR-500 on a rubber duck to monitor a statewide 800 moto digital trunk system. I only have local area towers in the control channel list and it is set on stationary. The scanner checks the week control channel first even though I have the strongest local twr in the control channel list first. It locks on that week control channel and get confused when the same traffic is on the local strong channel. Is there a way to check the strong local twr first?

Switch to Multi-Site ROAM instead. The scanner will then lock onto the first control channel that meets the threshold settings which you specify.

Status
Not open for further replies.