Too Dumb to Program PSR800

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourAlarm

Premium Subscriber
Used to stream Houston Fire dispatch from Motorola HT1000 back when they ran on UHF. Tried intermittently over last 2 years to program two PSR800's to place stream back online. (Current HFD stream broadcast silent for days at a time and has constant buzz)

Too stupid to configure this puppy on my own and would appreciate someone taking my "unscalable mountain out of a mole hill" task over for me so I can get a usable feed back online. (Current feed off for days at a time and has constant buzz) I'll send the card tenderly wrapped up in a $20 bill and you can do your magic and send it back. Probably take you 5 minutes whereas I've probably spent 30 hours over 2 years futzing with this. I surrender! Met my match with this radio.

Any takers?

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Take a look on YOUTUBE for programming help- there are a couple of good videos where the gentleman explains the use of the GRE software. It takes a little time and is not terribly intuitive. None the less it can be done.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If all you are looking for is the dispatch calls you can use 460.575.

kd7ckq

if you have a buzz on your feed that you can't get rid of. You could need a Ground Loop Isolator to fix the problem. I used one when I used to have my feed running.
What other problems are you having besides the audio buzz?

FourAlarm

Premium Subscriber
Done watched the YouTubes on PSR programming couple of years ago and read enough to know there's 5 freqs to load... 1 citywide dispatch and 4 dispatch zones with everything else being encrypted. My programming technique loads EVERYTHING (or maybe not anything, I can't tell) and broadcasts NOTHING using either the radio interface OR the software. You'd think I could load five simple channels without a class 12 radio license or PhD level education in software coding but, nope, not me.

Mastered getting my earlier feed to broadcast just fine but I dumped broadcasting the deprecated UHF stream (Houston Radio programmed that one) when the system switched over. The current Broadcastify HFD stream is unreliable and noisy but the 5 channels are there when it DOES work so I know it's doable, just not doable by me. You'd think there'd be an interest in having a decent and reliable HFD feed online but evidently there's not much rancor in the ranks to even have one up at all.

Sure I could watch all the barber vids about cutting my own hair or read up on do-it-yourself dentistry but when no one wants to date you or kiss you you realize it's time to let someone who knows what they're doing tackle it. After two years and countless hours of trying, the time to hand off this programming fiasco or radio feed to someone else is NOW.

FourAlarm

Premium Subscriber
The current Broadcastify HFD feed has a buzz, not mine. At present that's ALL you get from the current HFD stream. My UHF feed didn't buzz. I'm trying to get a decent digital feed online but all programming efforts to get these radios set up have failed.

If anyone wants to listen to the UHF feed HFD still broadcasts on I can get that dinosaur technology up immediately, no problem. That's what's playing in the background while I write this. It's all this digital programming stuff that's got me stumped.

Don't force me to go analog on youse guys out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.