PSR-800: Signal Stalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm fairly new to the PSR-800 scene (picked on up on a trade last fall). Was using it at a hockey game over the weekend and couldn't find a way to auto store signal stalker hits. Is there no way to do so? Seems like a huge oversight if there isn't. I know I can record the audio from the hits, but you'd think there would be a way to store frequency hits like Uniden does.

Swipesy

I'm fairly new to the PSR-800 scene (picked on up on a trade last fall). Was using it at a hockey game over the weekend and couldn't find a way to auto store signal stalker hits. Is there no way to do so? Seems like a huge oversight if there isn't. I know I can record the audio from the hits, but you'd think there would be a way to store frequency hits like Uniden does.

I believe you press the Menu Button when you land on an object that you want to save and the LCD asks if you want to save the object. Will save to Default Scanlist.

SCPD

QRT
Honestly .. Close Call is far superior to Signal Stalker.

As Swipesy said .. they do have "Store Channel" .. where menu is pressed while the spectrum sweeper is stopped on an active frequency. Stores the found active frequency as a new conventional object mapped to the default scanlist.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I use the PSR-800 all the time with signal stalker. I never save the found frequencies to a scanlist. I always set to record, throw the 800 in a jacket pocket, and check the recordings when I get home. I've found a bunch of store frequencies this way. Later I add them to the scanlists by hand with the software.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Honestly .. Close Call is far superior to Signal Stalker.

As a persistent GRE user and fan... I still have to agree. If I need to sniff for something I have no info on other than it's VHF/UHF and nearby, I still pull out my little old doddering BC72XLT. The selectivity and the detection threshold is wonderful in Close Call mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.