PSR-800 not receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackyrheem

I have a PSR-800 which I have been using for several years with no problems.
2 days ago I started it up for the first time in several months and received no transmissions.
I have a P25 system, East Bay Regional (California), in scanlist 001 which is enabled.The display shows the scanning arrow moving across the screen but nothing comes through. I updated the library and the scanner.
The scanlist appears to contain the system and all the talkgroups.

I added a couple of conventional sites just to see if I could get anything and they seem to work ok.

Any ideas on why I am not getting the P25 broadcasts?

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
I had an issue like that which turned out that i had updated the software and hadnt updated the firmware in the scanner....

blackyrheem

I am not able to update the firmware. I always get a message saying it is unable to confirm the scanner has entered update mode.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
maybe try a different cable and follow the directions exactly... which software version r u using ?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
PSR-800

Did you try using search to check the frequency range of the scan list? I had a similar problem once, and after the search check receiving traffic, the scan list started working when I went back to scan.

blackyrheem

This is the screen I get when I try to update. My computer recognizes the scanner and I can see the files on the SD card.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 329

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
This appears to be a driver problem with the computer not recognizing th escanner when it tries to enter update mode. Go to the old GRE site and download the latest drivers for your PS800 and try that. (You may have to do a little fighting with the computer, depending on what version of Windows you are running, but I have gotten it to work on 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10)

riveter

Premium Subscriber
He needed to update his firmware to fix the bug with receiving P25 TRSs. Seems your fix was successful... he just needed to get it into update mode to do the FW flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.