PSR-800: How to make PSR-800 spend more time on a trunked system for Pro96Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Does anyone have tips on how to make the PSR-800 "spend" more time on a trunked system when using with control channel decoding software like Pro96Com.

Right now, I have the following setup:
Scanlist 1: Trunked System 1
Scanlist 2: Trunked System 2
Scanlist 3: Trunked System 3

When I use my PSR-800 with Pro96Com, the scanner spends about 2 seconds on Scanlist 1, then 2 seconds on Scanlist 2 and then 2 seconds on Scanlist 3. This caused Pro96Com to display erroneous data.

What I would like PSR-800 to do is spend a minute on Trunked System 1, then spend a minute on Trunked System 2, then System 3 and so on. I don't know if this is possible.

Regards

troymail

Silent Key
The PSR500 had a "dwell" setting that you could do this with but I don't think the PSR800 and newer provide this type of option.

The only idea that comes to mind other than manually parking on a dummy TGID would be to duplicate the system multiple times.. a bit cumbersome but it might work.

jackj

Your scanner doesn't really scan a trunked system, it monitors the control channel looking for info on talk groups it wants to hear. So the amount of time it spends on any one system is going to depend on how much data that system has to send. The natural assumption is that if you aren't receiving any traffic on system one that it should step to system two.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Pro96com works better when locked on 1 control channel to log data on that system. You miss data when it is scanning. I live where I can hear 2 different TACN districts D4 Memphis THP and D8 Jackson THP I run 2 scanners and 2 copies of PRO96COM 1 locked on each site to log data. That way it is easy to read the log files and see connected sites.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all, I understand that it locks to one control channel to log/pass data to Pro96Com. I'm going to try troymail's method to "fool" the scanner with multiple instances of the same system and see how it performs.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.