PSR-800: Loading card externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Disregarding the smartass comment above...:

Remove old card from scanner.

Plug old card into computer.

Copy codeplug from old card onto computer using EZScanDG program.

Plug new card into computer.

Copy codeplug to card from EZScanDG program.

Plug new card into scanner, start scanner.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You can also do it with the cards IN the scanner, just plugging the scanner into the computer via the USB cable.

However, that's much slower and has a MUCH HIGHER DATA ERROR RATE that can cause codeplug loss or failure in writing.

I'd suggest doing it externally if you can plug the SD card into your computer via an adapter.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I'm suspecting a bad card . 800 is pretty much useless with all the errors that pop up when it boots up.
Thank you N8IAA for sharing your superior level of knowledge and thank you dcpain for something that a person can actually use to try to solve their problem.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Cards do eat it over time- there's only so many reads and writes on solid state memory before the 1s and 0s get fuzzy. The more you write to it and process recordings and all, the more quickly that will occur. I've eaten a few over time in my 800.

It does help to read/write with an external card adapter direct to PC USB. Sometimes 1s and 0s get lost going through the scanner USB interface as well, which is a nasty little mystery. I started using an external card-adapter brick with my last card, and that card lasted quite a while longer.

Nasby

Well, until I get this card issue resolved my 800 is a paper weight.

Not a big deal really. Those cards are plentiful and inexpensive.

I have three spares because I've gone through the same stuff as you.

It will work out.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
A huge shout out and thank you to edmscan for his help in getting my 800 back in service! Corrupt software was the culprit. Send him a message if you have any issues , he made short work of it !

AC2OY

Mark how did you resolve it,deleting EZ scan then reinstalling it? I have been having trouble with my 800 and EZscan updating lately. I wonder if mine is corrupted as well.

SCPD

QRT
Mark how did you resolve it,deleting EZ scan then reinstalling it? I have been having trouble with my 800 and EZscan updating lately. I wonder if mine is corrupted as well.

I was the one that fixed it for him and his programming was corrupt.

It caused the EZ-Scan program to not even start. And once that programming was removed (lets be honest you would likely spend weeks trying to determine why it happened) .. the program worked fine.

The answer in this case, and for EVERYONE is to use the 'Save to Archive' option in the file menu and have a 'known good working copy' saved that you can rely upon. That way .. you do not lose your programming when it gets messed up. I think it is reasonably rare to have it happen, but much better safe than sorry.

But I am in IT, and learned decades ago the value of a backup. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.