PSR800 Fleetmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar350

The fleetmap of the Motorola type 2 system that i am trying to program is suppose to be as follows:
B0 S4 B1 S0 B2 S0 B3 S0 B4 S11 B5 S0 B6 S12 B7 S0

For some reason when i try to set Block 6 to S12 - it sets both Block 6 and 7 as S12
And if i try to set Block 7 to S0 it resets both B6 and B7 to S0

Not sure if this really matters but i think it may be giving me some problems in regards to properly receiving the system in question...

Attachments

• f,.jpg
    f,.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 244

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
You shouldnt need a fleet map for type II systems.
Those were only used for Type 1 and Type IIi. Like the picture says.

Darkstar350

With my Uniden 996XT i had first programmed the system with leaving the fleetmap alone but i didnt seem to pick anything up - then once i put the fleetmap in i guess it made the system work - however the Butel software that i use for the uniden let me program the fleetmap in exact without resetting anything

I had already tryed just leaving the fleetmap as default on the PSR800 but i dont think that worked...

mikey60

This has to do with the number of IDs in a block. Each block has 8196 ids in it. The WIKI has a listing of the number of Fleets, SubFleets, and IDs in each Size level.. In the case of the S12 setting, it's 1 fleet, 16 subfleets, with each subfleet having 1024 ids. Multiplying 16 subfleets by 1024 gives you 16384 total IDs, which require 2 blocks. That's why setting a block to S12 will also change the block next to it.

Here's the link for the WIKI: Motorola Type I - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Darkstar350

Well for whatever reason the Butel software allowed me to program the fleetmap in the Uniden exactly the way it is supposed to be and it stayed that way without altering any blocks - just variations in software i guess...

So should i try just leaving Block 6&7 both as S12? Or leaving them as S0?

Status
Not open for further replies.