battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

just noticed the batteries last much longer with headphones instead of using the speaker. with a psr 800 lasted an hour with speakers. hour with headphones barely used any power

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
That little audio amplifier uses more power than most people realize.

wtp

an hour?

I don't have that radio , but it sounds like a power sucker.
do you have a charger that can rate the cells individually?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Battery life

Headphones/earbuds should give better life, but an hour using the speaker is way too short. Using a good set of 2300 ma batteries with my 800 gives me about 5 hours. I run the volume at 22 or 23, have the light come on during received signal for 10 seconds, and scan several banks.

W3DMV

Gotta be some bad cells.or a charging problem. I'm running some 2 year old Eneloop,
1900 mAh batteries and easily get 6-8 hours running time with the speaker roaring and lights flashing...
Charged in a Lacross BC-900 charger....

marksmith

just noticed the batteries last much longer with headphones instead of using the speaker. with a psr 800 lasted an hour with speakers. hour with headphones barely used any power
Your batteries should last about 6 hours in that radio on full volume with the screen lights on. 8 hours normal listening. Either your batteries are garbage or the battery curve programmed in the radio is wrong.

If you check around this forum you will find the proper battery data to enter to the radio via ezscan if that is your problem. The radio initially was shipped with bad battery data, and unless you updated it, you might still have this old problem, which caused good batteries to run out in an hour or so. Check what you have on the advanced settings page if ezscan.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.