GRE PSR-300 Post Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Now that the PSR-300's have been released, and are starting to get into user's hands, I'd like to hear people's opinions of them. Some of the things I like are the breakdown of the different aircraft sub-bands in the civilian aircraft service search, the fact that it has the new 8.33 KHZ spacings on civilian aircraft, the superior volume from the speaker over other similar models such as the PRO-97, the larger display, and the back-lit keypad.

Glenn Cohen, Scanners Unlimited

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
In addition to what you mentioned I like the railroad service search and the signal meter. You can set the attenuator globally or by channel too.

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you said it for me Glen. the speaker does sound really good very clear and loud.the control knobs are better than the 97 to i think.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'd like to hear more opinions of the 300 as I plan on purchasing one very soon..

Lets hear some specific stuff,.. Pro's Cons..

TPKeller2

Sticky thread

Since the Pre-Release thread has been "unstuck" then this one should probably be "stuck" for a while, so it will get a little more visibility.

Theron

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
if you dont need digital i highly would recommend it .the speaker is good loud and clear.the knobs are better designed than the 97 picks up really greative had mine since dec 6 and i love it picks up quicker than the 97 light weight to me the display is a lot better

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sweeper is working well with the civil air band with an external discone antenna.

peterjmag

Just got mine today from HRO and I must say it's better version of the Pro-97. Better audio and much more sensitive and louder. Also unlike the Pro-97 it comes with an AC charger to charge batteries or run off the wall. Awsome work GRE! Now all I need is Don to extend the Pro-97 software and I will be set! Merry Christmas all and happy scanning...

P.J.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Well I had a 300 and 500 in my hands today with all intentions of bringing both of them home but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I just can't get over the size of these things. I guess I'll stick with the Unidens for now and maybe save a few bucks and pick up a used GRE in a month or so.

edit: I forgot to mention that the sound coming from these GRE's is amazing.

Last edited:

DonS

Dubbin said:
I just can't get over the size of these things.
edit: I forgot to mention that the sound coming from these GRE's is amazing.
Those two (size vs sound) probably have a bit to do with each other.

Special Offer on GRE PSR-300 for New Year's

Hi,

As a New Year Special, if you mention this site at the time of ordering a PSR-300, you will receive FREE UPS 3 Day Shipping and a FREE cigarette lighter plug (a $ 35.00 value).

Glenn Cohen, Scanners Unlimited

SCPD

QRT
Dwayne.... Give me a idea about the size. All the sites list it in mm... It looks like the same size as a PRO-90 or BC245? Was thinking about ordering one since it is cheaper than the 24T and already have a 246T. Plus Glen has the shipping and earphone deal.

Thanks
Mark

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Ryan!!! I will not be buying one. The PGM button kind of talked me out of it. I like that the newer radio got rid of that button.Many years ago when I hand program my radios there were MANY times I forgot to push that button. Thanks Again!

Mark

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
investigator16 said:
Thanks Ryan!!! I will not be buying one. The PGM button kind of talked me out of it. I like that the newer radio got rid of that button.Many years ago when I hand program my radios there were MANY times I forgot to push that button. Thanks Again!

Mark

Sort of a silly reason to pass up on a really great scanner IMO...

derby1

I bought one of these from Glenn in December and I am thoroughly pleased...great sound, great reception. I only wish I had software to program it. Is there anything available?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.