Riverside Wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masher425

Hello from Sunny San Bernidino county. My title says riverside because thats where im initally from, but now reside in Hesperia. Well I am not at all new to the scanner world, have been around them my whole life. I have alot of my grandparents old scanners, and radios, much of which are crystal type. I also have a PRO-39, that was the most high tech scanner i had, up until two days ago, when I finally recived my bct-15. I love it. I was a little wiery about not going digital, but its cool. Im in no rush, besides with the way things are going, I should be ready for an upgrade by the time they master the band. Well I just thought id come out here and say hello, Hello. Im back listening....

kd6ecz

I don't think you'll run into any digital radio traffic up in the Victor Valley area. The only thing you'll probably have to worry about is rebanding when the county gets around to implementing that up there. I assume the BCT15 can be updated when that happens but I'm not sure.

I have friends who live in the Victor Valley so I do some monitoring when I'm driving around up there. I usually listen to System 1 and The EDACS system that Desert Comm uses up there. I tossed in a few of the conventional 800 MHz frequences that the county uses near Wrightwood and the VHF frequencies that the county, CHP, CDF (Cal Fire), BLM, and USFS use up there as well.

Masher425

Hey, thanks alot for your replie, the links are very helpful, now, i just have to master putting it all in there. Which may or may not be an easy thing to do. Im still getting firmiliar with the TTIII system, and how to program it all. But ill get it.

kd6ecz

Anytime.

I would plug in 151.145 which is patched to 1-FIRE-1, 2-FIRE-1, 3-FIRE-1 etc. Some others you might want to include are:
151.445 (CDF Local 1)
151.325 (CDF Local 2)
154.205 (Fire GRAY)
154.325 (Fire RED)
171.475 (USFS Forest Net - San Bernardino National Forest)
172.225 (USFS Admin Net - San Bernardino National Forest)
166.375 (BLM Cal Desert District)
42.560 (CHP Victorville base)
42.720 (CHP Victorville mobile)

You can also hear the county's system 8 which covers the mountain areas from Hesperia if you want to listen to that. Also, take a look at the convential 800 MHz frequencies that are listed near the top of this page (D-FIRE-1, D-LAW-1, etc.).

brandon

Database Admin
Definitely program the D-LAW and D-FIRE freqs. They are used a lot in the rural desert areas. In Barstow, D-LAW-5 simulcast Barstow PD from system #2. 151.145 as pointed out by Todd is great to have, it comes in perfectly in the Victorville and I can even pick this up well in southern Riverside County. AMR can be heard on 463.0125 and 155.280. Mercy Air uses 155.220. You should also be able to pick up Kern Co Sheriff in the 460 MHz range and LA Sheriff in the 482-484 MHz range. Good luck and welcome to RadioReference!

Status
Not open for further replies.