Need Help on LAPD Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasabi69

WRDK334
I received a Radio Shack Pro-162 as a gift and am trying to upload LAPD frequencies with Butel ARC 160 software.

I have had no problems with other law enforcement and fire channels with the exception of LAPD Dispatch and Fallback frequencies,I send the frequencies to the scanner and the ones that are DCS mode/PL 466 can't be received,all other LAPD frequencies such as Air Support,Detectives,and some TAC channels work fine.

I did notice that when I upload the dispatch channels the "0" at the end of the frequency is append at the front of the frequency i.e. 506.73750 becomes on the scanner 0506.7375 (Does this matter ?)

Not having any knowledge of radios or scanners my questions are:

Is my scanner capable of receiving these frequencies on the LAPD's system ?

Is there some setting that I am missing ?

I have been through the manual that came with the radio and found nothing helpful

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mike

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 402
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 734

scanner99

Premium Subscriber
the problem you are having is that LAPD is using digital radios and your scanner does not receive digital reception. Were in LA do you live. I live in West LA

wasabi69

WRDK334
Thanks for the replies,Scanner99 I am at Sunset Blvd. and Doheny.

I tried removing PL/DPL 466 and left it blank,also tried entering "search".Was not quite sure what mode should be set at,left at DCS or blank,or some other entry.

Squelch is now open on the channels but no transmission can be heard,looks as if I need a Digital Scanner if I want to pick up LAPD.

Guess I will have to make a decision if I feel that spending quite a bit of money on a digital scanner is worth it just to be able to receive one agency.How faraway is a complete change from analog to digital with most large agencies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.