Riverside Co Sheriff questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

scancho

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I have recently returned to the scanning hobby after more than ten years. A lot has changed! I spend a lot of time in Riverside County (specifically Indo/Palm Desert/La Quita areas) and I'm very interested in monitoring LE comms. I have perused the RR database but am having some difficulties picking up comms. I would greatly appreciate any tips to help me with programming my RS PRO 2055.

I gather RSO is opertating an Analog EDACS (which I'm clueless about) system. I have set site freqs in order (ie LCN 1,2,3... Ch 0,1,2... respectively) for the Desert and Central sites in Bank 0 Ch 00-xx. I have also plugged in the Dec TGIDs in my 2055's Bank 0-1.

The symptoms... pretty much no comms. Although when scanning (up) I can see the EDACS TGID's pop up sporadically on the LCD but only momentarily and no voice. If I switch and manually cycle through I do pick up some LE comms which I can't identify (no EDACS TGIDs come up). I'm able to rec conv and such.

I'm wondering if anyone can verify RSO is indeed still on Analog EDACS?? Also, I'm hoping some of you may have some advice/tips to steer me in the right direction to get tuned in. Thanks!

cruzzer

When programming EDACS into a scanner, you must start with channel 1 within a bank. For example LCN 1 would go in ch.1, LCN 2 would go in ch. 2, etc... Channel 0 cannot be used with an EDACS system.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I'm wondering if anyone can verify RSO is indeed still on Analog EDACS?? Also, I'm hoping some of you may have some advice/tips to steer me in the right direction to get tuned in. Thanks!

RSO is indeed still on EDACS. If you're trying to listen from the desert, the central system is unusable from there, so that might be part of your issue. I would suggest programming the desert and Santa Rosa systems, and if you travel to other parts of the county, then you could consider plugging in the rest of the systems.

I can't help you with scanner specific issues, since I don't listen with a scanner. I am, however, quite familiar with the RSO systems.

scancho

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tips folks!

cruzzer: I never would have guessed Ch 0 would make any difference in the LCN-xx sequence! I'll give that a go!
zz: Thanks for the confirmation and the site tips. I appreciate both of your replies!

scancho

Premium Subscriber
problem solved

Just wanted to confirm that once I re-programmed site freqs to start on my Ch. 1 instead of Ch. 0 solved my issue. Thanks again cruzzer.

scancho

Premium Subscriber
Well I stay in Palm Desert/Indian Wells and Indio areas quite a bit and so I'm particularly interested in those surrounding localitites. Pretty much any local Public Safety comms interest me though. The 74,371, 79 corridor to Temecula and SD County my route most of the time, sometimes the 10, 60, 215, 15. I like to monitor local CHP while I'm on the road.

scancho

Premium Subscriber
zz: Just in case you're curious. The Desert system works well in the Palm Desert/Indian Wells area where I usually am. I plugged in Santa Rosa per your suggestion. While SR didn't produce results from the area I'm usually staying, it worked very well when I hit the road back to SD County via 74. Thanks for the heads up!

zz0468

QRT
Banned
zz: Just in case you're curious. The Desert system works well in the Palm Desert/Indian Wells area where I usually am. I plugged in Santa Rosa per your suggestion. While SR didn't produce results from the area I'm usually staying, it worked very well when I hit the road back to SD County via 74. Thanks for the heads up!

Glad to hear that worked out for you. FYI, Santa Rosa is more or less a fill site for mountain coverage, it SHOULD cover the desert pretty good - it's got a 200 mile view in that direction. What you hear through there will vary, depending on who's radio and what talk group has affiliated with that particular site.

Status
Not open for further replies.