Stringers Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I am planning on having my own live stringer marathon tonight around 11pm.

scanner99

Premium Subscriber
while watching the show i saw in scott lanes car i saw many bc796d but i could not tell what type of scanner he had that were not the bc796d. Does anybody know what type they are?

emt_531

So I was watching this show the other night (by the way its a joke) and saw one of the Stringers pull up to an intersection and turn on a forward facing solid colored (orange or red) spot light. Since when are these guys police officers with Code 2 capabilities? Also, on another episode the same guy was filming a stalled car in the middle of the freeway and several accidents that occurred afterwards. He should have been trying to warn approaching traffic with his rear facing ambers. I wish one of these guys would run in to me driving crazy, cause I would own everything they had :)

Just a thought

scanner99

Premium Subscriber
why use those radios and not just a police scanner since he does not transmit on it? Would it be cheaper just to use scanners?

Progline

Premium Subscriber
If I saw that correctly, the Spectras were set up with one on UHF (was monitoring LACoFD) and the other on 800 (LAFD). I too wonder why he needed a 2-way radio on those channels. IIRC, the Spectra could only scan 12 (or was it 16?) channels at a time.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
The radios may have been issued to the media. I know most of the TV/radio/news papers/stringers in my area have Motorola radios to monitor the radio systems. The county radio shop programs them for us. They pick up much better than a scanner.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
It's useful to have dedicated receivers with superior RF hardware. I do the same thing for personal use and run Motorola equipment for some dedicated channels and scanners for all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.