Whats up with the L.A. Co. CWIRS TGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was monitoring the L.A. County CWIRS when I heard from TG 1772 (LA County Police LAC-USC Med. Cntr Dispatch) an animal control officer clearing an animal control call. i don't get it, why is a County ACO clearing calls from the County Police Dispatch? Lol, I don't think animal control and County Police merged their dispatcher.

What explanation could there be for this?

im wondering if maybe you were listening to my feed. they have it labeled as Los Angeles County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS: (also includes LAPD (central division), La Verne Police and Fire, Covina, Glendora, Claremont, West Claremont, El Monte, and Monrovia Police, and Ventura County Fire)

It seems like i remember hearing something about animal control on my scanner yesterday. anyway, i have attached a pdf document of my frequencies. keep in mind though i have changed a few and im working on making a new list. hope this helps.

-Jameson

heres my website address as well....

http://www.lacountyemergencyscanner.yolasite.com/

Attachments

• my police scanner freq.pdf
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,272

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I've tried listening to that system from the west end of the San Fernando Valley, with little luck. Can only hear the Malibu site, and haven't heard any traffic on it in weeks. I hope the coverage is better in other parts of the County.

I guess they're too cheap to put up a site on Oat Mtn.

I was actually monitoring the County Trunking EDACS system on my Pro 97. Thanks for the link though, now I can listen online.

Also, I get very weak reception from East LA for the CWIRS system too. I have to hold the scanner high up and hold it still just to get decent reception. When I ride along with LA County Animal Control their radios get bad reception and some times they just have to call Dispatch. LA County has a weak system.

karldotcom

I get the County Trunked system great in Glendale adjacent....and can barely hear LA City's a couple hundred yards from Griffith Park where they have a lot of users!

im in san dimas,ca. i seem to pick up long beach, hollywood, all these places that are 20, 30 and more miles away coming in clearer and just an overall better sounding quality then my cities that are in a 10 mile radius, glendora, covina, pomona, la verne, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.