LAPD frequency...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I live in New Mexico, Los Angeles is my hometown, and remains of interest to me. The listening, though,to the LAPD, is BEYOND difficult, since there is sort of a "party-line" on the frrequency available, which is shared by the maintenance-crew of the Los Angeles International Airport...LAX...as well as a LOT of "interference" from various sources!

QUESTION: Is there another frequency of LAPD which can be made available to listeners, or is what is heard now...with screeching and squawking...all there is?

Personally, after wading-through the noise, off and on, for a couple of weeks...I've given-up, and have found other sites of interest. If this could be corrected, I'd be right back with the LAPD.

Thanks.

Uplink

I asume you are talking about the live feeds available here on Radioreference/Scanamerica?
If so, I agree. I believe the problem is that digital scanners are more expensive, so unfortunately not enough broadcasters are available to cover LAPD and all its areas. This leads to the second problem, the few guys that are left, are trying to scan "EVERYTHING" at once instead of sticking to one geographical area, such as South, Central or Valley etc. Hearing so many channels at once just causes confusion and frustration and you wont be able to track an event. You may want to send your thoughts to the broadcaster directly through the "details" link on the feed which will show his username.

Status
Not open for further replies.