CHP LIME-4 rebroadcasting LAPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uplink

Anyone have any idea why I am hearing LAPD Pacific division being sent over the 39.920 Mhz for the last couple days? Some kind of patch for something?

Progline

Premium Subscriber
You beat me to it, Uplink! I was just about to ask this myself!

What would the TAC be for the San Fernando Valley/Ventura County areas? Per the Scannerstuff book, it looks like TAC-4 (39.92, but the database here shows TAC-1 for SoCal.

-Rob

DPD1

Yeah, I just noticed that started the other day... I haven't paid close attention, but looks like it's just the same thing they were doing before on the other tac channel... Using units to help out on area calls down around south central. I heard them all get called into the west L.A. office for debrief late last night. Only difference is that this one works weird... The rebroadcast seems to cover the mobile units, but the DS can still hear them. Before they just talked right over the rebroadcast. Maybe that's why it's a different channel now... They set it up differently.

Mick

39.92 has been CHP Tac 4 in L.A. County since August 2000 for the Democratic National Convention in L.A.

Many of the Tac channel are tied in with cities like El Segundo for several years for dual operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.