Question on programming ICIS on PRO-97/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I frequent the L.A. area and monitor areas I am passing through or visiting. I typically use a PRO-97 (now a PSR-300) and only monitor analog stuff (for now). When it comes to ICIS, I expect for the scanner to lock on to the strongest control channel (or I manually lock out the weak control channels). So I have programmed ICIS in a single bank with the desired talkgroups.

It appears, that because of the different band plans used by different sites, that I must program some sites into different banks. For example; Glendale, Burbank & Hauser Peak could be in the same bank (because they use the same band plan). But Pomona & Beverly Hills specifically would need their own banks.

Is there a way around this? In other words can I program two sites in the same bank with different band plans (such as Glendale & Oat Mtn) and have it work correctly? I thought I'd ask to make sure there are not some tricks out there. It seems crazy to have to use so many banks just to monitor various sites of the same system.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Is there a way around this? In other words can I program two sites in the same bank with different band plans (such as Glendale & Oat Mtn) and have it work correctly?
Nope, no way around it. Since the band settings are bank specific they're only applied to whatever control channel is found in that bank. The only way I think you can get it to work is where some sites share common ranges. But once they trunk out to another, different, range you're out of luck.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Wayne. I do have the sites with the same band plan in the same bank and it works fine. I hate to use so many banks for just this one system. I expect that the newer object oriented scanners such as the PSR-500 handle this better since they don't have banks.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I expect that the newer object oriented scanners such as the PSR-500 handle this better since they don't have banks.
Yes, talkgroups are seen more like "channels" whereas the system (or site) object is not seen in the scan lists. You have to access it via the talkgroup object.

Status
Not open for further replies.