Verdugo Roll Call - ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

All dispatches will be on Red 16 VF ACCESS (470.3625) until 0730 tomorrow. If I understood right, they are doing a drill to see how well it would go over if ICIS went down..... Red 16 is patched to LAC Blue 10.

Any fire-ground communications will be on RED 9 D and RED 10 D.

karldotcom

I think they were doing their Z release upgrade to the Master Site in Glendale (as talked about in their meeting notes).... Bob Hope Airport PD also lost their trunking, as they are controlled out of Burbank PD.....They were a little peeved no one informed them about the outages. Glendale apparently told Burbank, but not Bob Hope.....although since Bob Hope is a subscriber to Burbank, I would think it would be their duty.

LBH

Verdugo Red 16 is not patched to LA County Blue 10. Verdugo is licensed to use 470.3625 in the LA Basin, and LA County is licensed to use 470.3625 in the north LA County area (Antelope Valley). One shouldn't jump to the conclusion that because the scanner is programmed to show "Blue 10" and one hears Verdugo traffic emanating from the speaker when one is located in the Basin that something new has been found. Have you ever wondered why Blue 9 and 10 are only assigned for use in AV?

Luckily I haven't seen anyone make the erroneous statement that LAC Blue 9 is patched to South Bay 1.

scanfan22

Red 16 usuage etc...

I understand it is a separate channel for Verdugo in the basin and not LACF Blue 10 but on the same frequency. However, what is Red 16 currently used for? I hear Verdugo traffic on the channel loud and clear, and I was wondering if this is patched to ICIS? Or is it used only when ICIS goes down? Or is it a standalone conventional repeater for some Verdugo purpose? Lastly, are there other frequencies that are not trunked or digital that Verdugo fire uses like Red 16? Thanks for the help.

landonjensen

I understand it is a separate channel for Verdugo in the basin and not LACF Blue 10 but on the same frequency. However, what is Red 16 currently used for? I hear Verdugo traffic on the channel loud and clear, and I was wondering if this is patched to ICIS? Or is it used only when ICIS goes down? Or is it a standalone conventional repeater for some Verdugo purpose? Lastly, are there other frequencies that are not trunked or digital that Verdugo fire uses like Red 16? Thanks for the help.

Red 16 is a standalone conventional channel for LACOFD to use while they are responding with Verdugo agencies if they do not have trunked portables. Verdugo will patch Red 16 with Red 1-8 depending on the assignment so LACOFD units can communicate with Verdugo units onscene of an incident. Red 16 was used earlier for dispatches today as they were doing ICIS maint and the ICIS channels were down.

Verdugo also uses the following in Area C non trunked/digital:

Red 9 DIRECT: 460.4875
Red 10 DIRECT: 460.5625
Red 11 South Pasadena: 460.5875
Red 12 Monrovia: 484.2750
Red 13 FDUMA: 487.2375
Red 14: Conventional Emergency Trigger: Can't find it online... Will have to look it up in my books.
Red 16: Verdugo Access: 470.3625
Green 1: Sierra Madre Tac (Direct): 154.23500
Green 3: Arcadia Tac (Direct): 153.89000

karldotcom

I think Motorola was supposed to work on the system today....there were two techs jabber jawing on TG32 analog the other day.....for hours!.....also, if you read up on the ICIS notes, there is an intermittent, unknown problem with analog talkgroups on ICIS after the last upgrade.

jrholm

I think Motorola was supposed to work on the system today....there were two techs jabber jawing on TG32 analog the other day.....for hours!.....also, if you read up on the ICIS notes, there is an intermittent, unknown problem with analog talkgroups on ICIS after the last upgrade.

Would that be why I was getting Montebello digital for a little bit but now they are back to analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.