little help prg pomona pd. with 396xt???

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerface27

ok i have a new 396xt, trying to program pomona pd which is digital p25. i have gone througgh the first couple of steps by programming sys, editing site, and creating site. when i went to edit band plan, used the first two columns to program the two base freqs, and spacing, but noticed there was no area for the offset. am i doing something wrong, am picking up con chn, but no traffic. the only thing i have not done is program one group with the tgids.... please help

scannerface27

i noticed the database shows pomona as mot type 2 smartnet analog and mixed digital... is the system supposed to be set to mot, or p25???

For the Pomona cell:

Quote:
Base 1: 469.050
Spacing 1: 12.5
Offset 1: 380

Lo Channel 1: 380
Hi Channel 1: 580

Quote:
Base 2: 482.050
Spacing 2: 12.5
Offset 2: 581
help

jlanfn

California Database Admin
i noticed the database shows pomona as mot type 2 smartnet analog and mixed digital... is the system supposed to be set to mot, or p25???
It is a Motorola Smartzone 3600 baud system, so it should be set up as "mot."

Isn't Pomona PD mostly encrypted? Or did they back off on that?
As I have said before, in the past several years during the times that I monitored them, the dispatch channel was never encrypted. Maybe it was encrypted one time for a very special situation and someone happened to catch it encrypted, but encryption certainly isn't the norm on Blue-1. As for all the rest of Pomona PD's channels, yes, most of them are always encrypted.

Last edited:

jlanfn

California Database Admin
if it should be set to mot, how do you input the base the offset etc: how will it know it is dig, if it ois not set too p25
I'm not exactly sure how it would be programmed because I don't own any Unidens, but in general you would enter that data under custom trunking tables. You need to be very careful to enter the base, offset, steps, etc. exactly as shown in the database for Pomona or the scanner will not go to the correct frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.