LASD updates in the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
For you Socal guys,

We got some good submissions for Los Angeles county Sheriff's Department recently so I was able to do a lot of work on LASD in the database (a lot of what we had was vague, and we were calling them "LASO").

* Many original freqs were updated and moved to their own categories (L-TAC, A-TAC, C-TAC, Mutual Aid, Emergency Ops).

* Dispatch freqs were updated and now display the correct alpha tags and station descriptions - also the corresponding L-TAC is provided in brackets.

* The correct STAR TAC (S-TAC) plan was added under its own category.

* Some of the text descriptions were shortened and distributed through different categories. Unit IDs were moved to the LA County Wiki under the collaboration tab.

Feel free to submit corrections to anything you come across, and I hope you enjoy the updated info. :)

markclark

Premium Subscriber
LASD Updates

Thanks for the thorough update. Does the Lake Los Angeles frequency cover a county park or recreation area? Also, do you know what frequency the sheriff civil process server's and eviction teams use? I've never heard any of that kind of traffic on the court services frequencies. I used to listen to the Marshal's office many years ago, and some of the traffic was quite interesting. However, since the sheriff took over process serving and eviction responsibilities, I haven't heard any of those activities on the 480mhz system.

Thanks,

Mark Clark

jrholm

Court Services uses the Sheriff's Access channel. I'll look through it, but on first glance there were several errors.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey there,

Lake L.A. is an unincorporated(?) community east of Palmdale in the Antelope Valley (south of Edwards AFB). According to wikipedia it was a lake back in the 1960s until enough property was sold, and then the original developers left and let the lake evaporate! Lake Los Angeles, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for taking a look jrholm, please submit any corrections you come across.

DPD1

I'd be interested to know if that Lake LA one makes it into the valley. The Antelope L one does and of course the North A one does. Interesting area.

patin

lasd star tacs

i noticed that a lot of the updated tacs are duplicated 2 or 3 times just with a different PL tone is this correct for the tacs i would think that they would have different freq for the tacs and some freqs that were updated before this last update some of the freq have changed

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
It is 100% correct. Do a forum search for "STAR Tac" and you will find the explanation.

ChrisW6YBW

I'd be interested to know if that Lake LA one makes it into the valley. The Antelope L one does and of course the North A one does. Interesting area.

Lake LA is patrolled by LASD Palmdale and they use Dispatch-15 as listed in the database for dispatch and the Lancaster/Palmdale L-Tac for their car-to-car traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.