L.A.S.D SUDS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

judas12

I saw on the database that their is a Countywide L-Tac and next to it says (formally SUD)

Is that still SUDS? Or does SUDS have a different freq now?

Thanks

jrholm

SUDS was redesignated as a countywide L-Tac. I would expect that the traffic will (at least for the forseable future) remain the same. But basically they have opened it up to car-to-car traffic for any one that is not already designated for an L-Tac

judas12

SUDS was redesignated as a countywide L-Tac. I would expect that the traffic will (at least for the forseable future) remain the same. But basically they have opened it up to car-to-car traffic for any one that is not already designated for an L-Tac

Ok cool. Thanks JR, i can always count on you with accurate info about LASO

chrisc

Premium Subscriber
Haven't listened to it that much recently but it seems like business as usual on SUD. As anyone else noticed a change?

shawn1899

it is no longer county l-tac, they gave the channel back to SEB and it is now SUD again

C-Tac-2 is the new county ltac and will be used for county police traffic and DA traffic

jrholm

As of a radio matrix dated 3/8/10 it's still county wide L-tac. What you are hearing on C-Tac-2 is dispatch traffic for the new County Services and County Parks Bureaus with no busy tone as is typical of most LASD dispatch channels.

As far as I know, unless you have something concrete, the following has not been changed;

DUE TO AN INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF USERS REQUIRING COUNTY WIDE RADIO COVERAGE,
THE PURPOSE OF CERTAIN RADIO CHANNELS HAVE BEEN REVISED.

EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2009, THE "SCC ACCESS CHANNEL" WILL REMAIN THE SAME AND
"SUD" WILL EFFECTIVELY BECOME "COUNTY L-TAC".

THE SCC ACCESS CHANNEL HAS LONG BEEN UTILIZED AS A MEANS FOR NON-PATROL ASSIGNED
FIELD UNITS TO CONTACT SHERIFF'S COMMUNICATIONS FOR VARIOUS REASONS.
THIS CHANNEL IS ALSO UTILIZED BY OUTSIDE AGENCIES FOR THIS SAME PURPOSE.
THE SCC ACCESS CHANNEL WILL REMAIN AS IT IS TODAY, BUT WILL SEE AN INCREASE
IN USE AND WILL REMAIN "SCC ACCESS".

SPECIAL UNITS DISPATCH, OR SUD HAS BEEN USED FOR TACTICAL COMMUNICATIONS FOR
THOSE UNITS THAT DO NOT HAVE A TRADITIONAL L-TAC. THIS CHANNEL WILL BE
RENAMED "COUNTY L-TAC" AND WILL BE USED BY ANY COUNTY WIDE UNIT
NEEDING CAR TO CAR COMMUNICATION THAT IS NOT ASSIGNED TO A PATROL STATION L-TAC.

jrholm

Not for much longer, the transition is already started and by June 30 LASD will have completly taken over all County Police functions and that dept. will cease to exist.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
jrholm:

You mentioned C-Tac 2 is the new dispatch channel for the LA COPS, do you know what the Tac channel, if any, will be assigned for that unit?

shawn1899

Ok, here is the correction,,, Scc access channel will be the disp channel for county police and DA office. The DA office is already using it as their disp channel. If you listen you will hear them. C-Tac-2 will be the L-tac (County L-tac)

jrholm

Mark, I haven't heard for sure on any of the new channels. I would be very surprised to find out we would be stuck with only 1 C-tac, but I know the Sheriff is very in to the new adventure. I haven't heard of the DA using our radio freq's and would be surprised since they are on CWIS and that is still a viable system. When LA-RICS comes along there will be huge changes to be sure but that it is still a few years away. I will be in a better position probably in April to give better updates.

jrholm

Shawn, I don't know where you get your info, so I really can't dispute you and I don't want to sound as if I'm harsh. Can you provide a little detail as to your sources (by PM if you prefer) because I would like our fellow members to get the correct data. I will tell you this my info is not by monitoring or by a "friend", mine is really solid

jrholm

Folks, I know a lot of you rely on me for info about LASD. I questioned Sahwn about some things and we've talked by PM. His info is solid and in fact there is some interesting stuff coming down the pike. We'll share as it firms up and we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.