Simi PD & Pro-106 programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Bird

Premium Subscriber
Hi All – I’m new to this forum – not new to scanning but new to digital and my Pro-106. I have been able to program a lot of local freqs in my area – Simi, but unable to get SVPD trunked system working. I have found a lot of the information here on the RR Forum – what a great sight – I’m using the Win500 program but I’m not sure I’m using the information I have correctly – I have not been able to receive any PD broadcasts other that on FM. I’ve been searching this forum for similar threads and I feel pretty certain that other have had the difficulties that I’m experiencing.

Can anyone direct me to where I may find instructions on programming the Pro-106. I’m hopeful once I understand how it all works together I’ll be able to program it to work.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jay

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
SVPD is not trunked... maybe that is the issue

SVPD is a conventional P25 system. All you need to do is program in the frequencies

453.92500 SVPD-1 Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
482.41250 SVPD-2 Tactical P25 Law Tac
482.61250 SVPD-3 Tactical P25 Law Tac

And if there is a setting to tell the scanner (I don't have that model) that it is a digital only system, set your scanner to that setting. Again, it is not trunked, it is just like programming any other channel, but it is digital P25, not analog.

Hopefully that helps.

J-Bird

Premium Subscriber
No Trunk

LZJSR - You are absolutly right - I have it corrected and it woorking very well. Thanks so much for your quick responce.

Best Regards - Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.