LAPD Dispatching procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

tman4000

Hello,

After six months of consistent listening (West LA) I've finally mastered most of the procedures to know whats going on. However, I still have some questions and was hoping someone on the board may know the answers.

I often hear a beep beep beep then a priority call. But the dispatcher dispatching it sounds different than the one managing the individual units. I'm thinking this is the actual 911 dispatcher who took the call, but what happens to the caller when they are still on the line, does the dispatcher say, "hold on I'll be back" that would freak me out-if my assumption is right, why don't they send the call to the dispatcher managing the units by computer so that they can give 100% to the caller and the radio dispatcher broadcasts the priority call-I believe other police agencies do this?

When listening to West LA, I hear broadcast calls for unknown troubles, open 911 lines, etc in 77th, Hollywood, and sometimes Northeast, Rampart and event Central once. How is it determined when West LA is going to hear an unknown trouble call in Rampart or 77th sometimes and not others? And, why do they even have this system of broadcasting across multiple divisions at all? A lot of times officers in West LA are trying to communicate with their own dispatcher only to be interrupted by another divisions priority 911 call.

Finally like LAFD has "earthquake mode" does LAPD have an earthquake procedure? I haven't been through one yet when listening to LAPD to know what the dispatchers say over the radio-if anything at all. Any info would be cool. Thanks!!!

capt0574

Premium Subscriber
How come LAPD is not available on the radio reference post, and is off line?

PJaxx

RolnCode3

If you don't get a response, hit up KMA367. Used to be hmarnell. He'll know. Saw someone else recently who claimed to be LAPD - but can't vouch for that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.