Riverside help anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

Hello friends, I have an issue here. I currently use a Pro-96 for LAPD and LASO and it suits me well. I now have friends buying Pro-106 scanners and asking me to program them. Well thats all fine and dandy if they want Los Angeles because I have all the freq's and p.96 as well as converted P.500 files. I don't understand trunking too much aside from what I read at wiki and various other places. Also, I don't really have a need for trunking monitoring here in Los Angeles as they don't really use trunking.(that I know of). This brings me to my question.

I have a friend who would like to monitor Riverside County Law Enforcement, I believe it is the Wildomar area but his caller ID comes up as Hemet, (maybe Hemet Sheriff?) anyhow I was wondering if someone could throw me a bone here and maybe share their Riverside file with me? It would greatly save me the trouble of learning trunking just to program this guy's scanner for a handshake. I also would like to point out that I am aware of proper forum etiquette and know the risks of asking to be "spoon fed" without reading. But in this case I had to bite the bullet so to speak. I will one day learn trunking and the headaches that come with it, but right now I only have a few hours time till he gets here from Riverside. I told him his area used a different method of scanning than mine but that I would try to help him the best I can. I have the frequency page listed here on this site but when it get's to "Talkgroups" is where it flies over my head. I know what the talkgroups are and what their purpose it and how they work, but not the slightest bit on how to program them, or even which numbers to enter. I get confused on the ID Range.

If anyone can help me with this I would be eternally grateful. Thank You

Frank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.