LAPD Online Scanner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
For the LAPD Online Scanner (The one without Van Nuys), is all of the LAPD digital, with the exception of certain parts? I hear on there analog transmissions (the clicks) among the mostly digital feed. Also, just to clarify, does this include ALL of the main LAPD channels minus the Van Nuys?

Here's the link:

Los Angeles Police Department Live Scanner Audio Feed

Thanks.
All of LAPD's UHF frequencies (including Van Nuys) use digital mode, with the exception of seldom-used "LAPD Access" 484.4375, which is for communication with other agencies who don't have digital radios. The main LAPD callsign - KJC625 - is transmitted in Morse Code, and I believe it's still done in analog, although under 47CFR90.735(d) they could do it in digital if they wish.

There are a bunch of other agencies' and mutual aid analog frequencies in LAPD's radios, and LAPD has a handful of "legacy" VHF frequencies that use analog, but they are for specialized units or purposes and don't get much use any more.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
For the LAPD Online Scanner (The one without Van Nuys), is all of the LAPD digital, with the exception of certain parts? I hear on there analog transmissions (the clicks) among the mostly digital feed. Also, just to clarify, does this include ALL of the main LAPD channels minus the Van Nuys?

Here's the link:

Los Angeles Police Department Live Scanner Audio Feed

Thanks.

Moved to SoCal forum.

In the future, if you have a specific question regarding the feed, please contact the feed provider directly.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
The main LAPD feed also includes LAX PD, which is the analog chatter your hearing. The feed overall includes LAPD Hot Shots/Air K-9 along with a few of the divisions. The divisions are sporadic, havn't quite logged the exact divisions included on the feed.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.