bell pd (la county)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patin

today they are using new radios/system 155.1900 anyone know what type of system they are using because when they transmitt it sounds like a CONTROL CHANNEL type of sound,,is this a new type of encryption

cousinkix1953

today they are using new radios/system 155.1900 anyone know what type of system they are using because when they transmitt it sounds like a CONTROL CHANNEL type of sound,,is this a new type of encryption
It sounds like you are hearing a new LTR system. These EF Johnson trunked radios are finding their way into the old VHF and UHF bands. We have a few commercial networks up north on 450 - 490 mhz. You gotta make sure to program these frequencies in specific channel slots too...

brandon

Database Admin
I think Nexedge is a little softer sounding. There are some Nexedge control channel in the 470-471 ranges. I also heard it when staying at the Luxor Hotel last year. The Fresh and Easy distribution center a few miles from me uses MotorTRBO and the Bell PD sounds just like it.
Have not heard anything on that freq for Beaumont. Unfortunately I am surrounded by hills that block my reception to the east end.

Status
Not open for further replies.