Laps merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctadam12

Heard from a reliable (Airport Police) source that the mayor wants to merge all city police agencies into LAPD. Anyone else hear of this?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
This debate has been ongoing for decades, and only got more intense with the airport police and LAPD having a turf war at the airport over command and incident reporting structure since the El Al ticket counter shooting and 9/11.

Sure the LAPD could cover the airport, but it would need to absorb a bunch of bodies. LAX Airport police today has 430 sworn officers at the moment and still is hiring, so its not a small operation by any means.

ctadam12

I'm not just talking about the Airport Police, I'm talking about the whole thing: Airport, General Services, And Port. I'm not surpirsed because the city is broke.

karldotcom

Chief Bratton tried to swallow LAXPD....I think Commissioner Willie Williams tried it too....then they were looking to grab that airport money (back when the airport was rolling in Landing Fees, etc)

The City of LA has had its hand slapped before for stealing landing fees (they money must go to the operation and improvement of the airport)

A couple years ago LASD was looking at bidding on the police services at Burbank Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.