LAPD/LAFD/EMS Scanner Feed is Back Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAPatriot

Hi Gang,

The last 6 months have been a challenge as I've had to battle both cancer and a burnt out motherboard in my computer so my scanner feed has been down for awhile. Until this morning I just haven't had the time or will to get the scanner back online.
That's changed! I set everything back up, turned it on, tested it and all seems well.

For my LAPD (and etc) scanner feed, just click the link in my sig below then select which feed you want, the dialup or broadband. Enjoy, and hope you've all been well.

Your feedback would be appreciated too...-Rod-

USAPatriot

Could I please get some feedback on the sound quality and especially the volume of the feed? Also the time to connect. My tests seem to show up to 30 seconds to connect up and I don't understand why that should be. Anyhow, thanks! -Rod-

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Volume sounds good. About 15 seconds to hearing audio which includes loading Winamp. With Winamp loaded, nearly instant hearing of audio.

Mike

USAPatriot

Great! Thanks :)
There may be a delay on end due to my default player being Windows Media Player. I have Winamp, I should swap the default I guess. -Rod-

PaulNDaOC

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/802; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

I just checked and was hearing audio in about a second, no lie, and that is going through a streaming website in Norway with my inferior java based att mobile.
My typical connection time is 10 seconds.
I also must say that yours is the best by far LAPD digital I have heard so far.
For a lack of a better term, I heard very few tx's go robotic.
What make of radio is this. Almost ready to get a Pro 197 but if you have any suggestions I am all ears. It's obvious you know your stuff. Thanks

fischlerpromo

USA Patriot

Hi,
First of all I hope you are feeling better!

Second of all, I love your feed. I live in Van Nuys and have for all my 60 years.
I used to have a Bearcat 250 or 350 and it would mesmerize me for hours.

The most interesting conversations occur in the LAPD area on Simplex.. That's when they cut all the power off their radios except what is necessary for car to car communications in the same area. Literally like a little walkie talkie power.

Are you on one fixed freq.. like in Van Nuys, isn't it 506.712?

Thanks again for your work... if you feel up to it could you answer my questions?

Steve

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Could I please get some feedback on the sound quality and especially the volume of the feed? Also the time to connect. My tests seem to show up to 30 seconds to connect up and I don't understand why that should be. Anyhow, thanks! -Rod-
Connection time is usually <10 seconds for me, and both audio quality and volume are very good. Decoding of LAPD's digital is excellent.

Busy, but not so busy that it turns to chaos.

EDIT: I erased the rest of what I typed... I unknowingly had a separate feed running at the same time as yours. Oops!

Last edited:

Radio_Lady

I live in Van Nuys and have for all my 60 years.
I used to have a Bearcat 250 or 350 and it would mesmerize me for hours.

The most interesting conversations occur in the LAPD area on Simplex.. That's when they cut all the power off their radios except what is necessary for car to car communications in the same area. Literally like a little walkie talkie power.

Are you on one fixed freq.. like in Van Nuys, isn't it 506.712?
Since you go back to the Bearcat 250 and 350 days, you surely remember all the years that Van Nuys and West Valley had to share 506.7125 with usually one operator handling both divisions. Early on in the 1980s it wasn't so bad, but as the gangs moved in more and more, especially to Van Nuys, that frequency could be an absolute nightmare to dispatch, with easily 50-60 units much of the time. It could get far busier than 77th or Wilshire+Pacific, which weren't slouches by any means.

After LAPD went from analog to digital, West Valley was given their own frequency, which is 484.9375, and their own RTO when there are enough to go around. And the simplex frequencies for every division are now separate from the dispatch frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.