New SBSO Callsigns???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iepoker

I have heard some new numbering when listening to 6-WVC-2 and was wondering if anyone knew what it was?

I heard 61-Sam-5 pull a traffic stop in Fontana, and Heard 61-Zebra-2 back him up.

AFAIK, the Fontana, or as they are now refered to the "West Foothill" units use a "3" designator.

Anyone have any news?

Dave from Chino

PS: There is no more "Wes End" or "2" units anymore, the old West End units are now based out of Fontana and use "3" numbers (primarilly beat 5 and 6. ie 3-Paul-15 or 3-Paul-36 etc.)

rolncode2892

61 designators are SBSO specialized units. The Sam unit is a sergeant. The Zebra unit is a auto theft task force unit I believe.

As far as Fontana Station, it no longer exists under that name. It is now called the West Foothill Station. The county area on the west end that was once patrolled out of the Chino Hills station moved operations to the West Foothill Station. I was unaware they dropped the 2 designation and adopted 3 designators, but I guess that would make sense.

iepoker

Yup, the Old West End units do indeed use the 3 designators. Beat 5 is the North side (San Antonio Heights, Mt. Baldy and unincorporated parts of Upland) and Beat 6 is the South side (unincorporated Chino, Montclair, Ontario, Prado basin and the 'SOMA' aka South of Mission Area)

Word around here has it that Chino Hills kicked the county cars out of their new building once it got done... they only wanted Chino Hills PD units coming out of that station.

...folks in the West End only *thought* it couldnt get any worse when it came to Law Enforcement response times!

Dave in Chino (well, actually, 'unincorporated' Chino)

jeff2233

Sbso callsigns

61 designators are SBSO specialized units. The Sam unit is a sergeant. The Zebra unit is a auto theft task force unit I believe.

As far as Fontana Station, it no longer exists under that name. It is now called the West Foothill Station. The county area on the west end that was once patrolled out of the Chino Hills station moved operations to the West Foothill Station. I was unaware they dropped the 2 designation and adopted 3 designators, but I guess that would make sense.

61/62 Units are narcotics/swat. a SAM Unit is a sergeant within that division. They are not to be confused with SANCAT, the county's Auto Theft Task Force..which are 67 -DAVID Units

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
61/62 Units are narcotics/swat. a SAM Unit is a sergeant within that division. They are not to be confused with SANCAT, the county's Auto Theft Task Force..which are 67 -DAVID Units

I seem to recall that Zebra units were CCD (Career Criminal Division, also known as SWAT) units when I worked there in the early and mid 90's.

thumper35

can someone call me and help me out with listening to ontario and chino PD i need to input the codes and dont know how? 760-219-6718
thanks

thumper35

i was wondering when i listen to San bernandino county sheriffs i hear a horrible buzzing noise sometimes and wanted to know what that is and how to get rid of it if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.