L.A. County CWIRS L/o Channel full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what I can do to lock out all the county TGs on the County EDACS system so that I only hear the 8 animal control TGs? I lockedout most of the other TGs but there are some that I can't save because it says L/O memory full.

Anybody have suggestions? Its getting kind of annoying listening to a good conversation on the animal control TG and then getting interrupted in-between by other TG traffic.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Anybody have suggestions? Its getting kind of annoying listening to a good conversation on the animal control TG and then getting interrupted in-between by other TG traffic.
Unless you're using a very old scanner you should have some way to "scan" and not "search". If you're using a Uniden you should change the system to Scan and then lock out the groups (or TGs if they're in the same group as what you want to hear). With the older RadioShacks you can do something similar so that they only scan what's stored in memory and you can turn off the different banks. With the newer GRE/RS scanners you need to lock out the Wildcard object and make sure you have an object for what you specifically want to listen to (and then assign it to Favorite).

I have the Radioshack Pro 97. I do have the AC TGs programmed but there are so many LA County TGs I don't have enough space to program and l/o all of them.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I think that it's the same programming as the Pro-2055, and to solve the problem, you only enter the Animal Control talkgroups, and code that bank containing the trunked system as CLOSED (somewhere there is a CLOSED/OPEN toggle). this will restrict you to just the talkgroups you identified.

I think that it's the same programming as the Pro-2055, and to solve the problem, you only enter the Animal Control talkgroups, and code that bank containing the trunked system as CLOSED (somewhere there is a CLOSED/OPEN toggle). this will restrict you to just the talkgroups you identified.

Thanks!! You wouldn't know which button is the close/open toggle would you?

Progline

Premium Subscriber
No, as I use (and highly recommend) Don Starr's Win97 program.

However, it is referenced in the owner's manual, and there is an easier to understand manual on line, on the web somewhere. Google "easier to use Pro 97 Manual".

Status
Not open for further replies.