Heads Up: Maywood PD Signoff Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

d119

Word on the street is there will be a sign-off broadcast on 156.030 when Maywood PD ceases to exist. Get your scanners ready!

Can anyone record Maywood PD's traffic from about 23:45 until 00:15 on 156.030 for me?

I'm one of the folks who built their new radio system about a year and a half ago. Sad to see it go, and unfortunately I live out of range of it. Can someone do me a favor and record it?

Thanks!

RadioDaze

Wish I could have recorded it. I heard some of it - barely - out here on the fringe in OC. I was standing on the couch etc. trying to get the antenna into a hotspot. I'm sure someone got it recorded.

Oh, to be on the wrong side of a large condo building...

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Anyone know if Maywood will be going to LASO uniforms and cars too?

RadioDaze

Brandon, do you recall what time that very last 10-7 (at the end of the recording) was broadcast? I didn't hear that part. The last thing I heard was the woman's voice before a long silence, after which I turned off my radio, thinking it was all over - but probably too soon.

cousinkix1953

The word is getting out. I heard some discussion of the Maywood sign off in the Watsonville area. The local police chief mentioned it, in a discussion about bankrupt cities not being able to afford their own PDs any more.

San Carlos is right behind them. Most of the officers want to be obsorbed by the San Mateo county sheriff's office. Almost everybody will get a new job and a new uniform in that merger. Strange how the officers are for this; but union beauracrats want to file lawsuits in attempt to derail the whole idea...

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Maywood units are 28X, four to six units per shift.;

Cudahy units are 26X. I don't know how many units, but it can't be more than two criminal cars and a traffic unit or two.

East L.A. frequency has picked up quite a bit of additional traffic with Maywood and Cudahy. Both cities combined added about 56,000 population to patrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.