Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

460.6375 is normally used by Public Safety Pool, Conventional (PW) licensees. This morning a business user most likely at LAX has LTR TG's such as 101221 & 101125 on LCN07. Any ideas what company is using this channel?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
I gave the channel a listen from West LA and did not pick up anything except for a weak distant fire department which looking at FCC database likely belongs to San Marino.

So I guess what you are hearing is lower power, or could it be bleed from an adjacent frequency? For instance 460.65 belongs to Delta, but again I am unaware they use a LTR system at LAX.

I'll give it a listen again one day when I am in the South Bay.

Mick

It's not an adjacent channel or intermod. I am receiving 460.6375 on two Bearcat scanners, a Radio Shack Pro92, and a Kenwood TH-F6 radio from my location at USC this week.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
What makes you think its LAX related?
I don't receive anything here in West LA about 6-7miles from LAX.
Also FCC database shows no one licensed on that frequency in the region besides City of San Marino

Last edited:

Mick

Some of the TG's have traffic about airlines, Cathay Pacific, Delta, and Northwest.

TG's logged so far are 101010, 101125, 101221, 101040, 101115, 101055, 101030, & 101050.

I'm monitoring from less than 6 miles from LAX in a multi-story building top floor.

What makes you think its LAX related?
I don't receive anything here in West LA about 6-7miles from LAX.
Also FCC database shows no one licensed on that frequency in the region besides City of San Marino

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Is there anything with a steady carrier (campus FM station, etc.) in the immediate vicinity? I'm thinking possible mixes ...

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Interesting. I’ll check it out Monday as I’ll be at LAX for work and should have the opportunity to identifying its use if its airport related.
One thing to note however, Northwest Airlines has not existed for about 8 months now – was merged with Delta which was effective last December, so I'm surprised you hear references regarding NW.

Mick

The signal was good when I was at USC yesterday morning, but when I drove to LAX at noon it was not heard. One TG that had the noticeable daily traffic was 101030 with "Command Center."

Mick

"Northwest" may be a reference to their old terminal, was it terminal 2 I think? I understand they moved to terminal 5 for the merge with Delta.

Interesting. I’ll check it out Monday as I’ll be at LAX for work and should have the opportunity to identifying its use if its airport related.
One thing to note however, Northwest Airlines has not existed for about 8 months now – was merged with Delta which was effective last December, so I'm surprised you hear references regarding NW.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Well spent the better part of the morning at LAX, and did not hear a peep on 460.6375 in several hours.
For fun I also checked out adjacent channels and received Beverly Hills Fire on 460.625 and Delta Airlines 460.650, but not an LTR, just regular repeater with PL103.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.