Laspd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbekhor

Does anyone listen to the los angeles school police? I have a pro-106 and still use my pro-528 and sometimes I feel like listening to school police and not lapd so I switch channels. I was wondering if anyone listened to them i know it quiet for long times. I wanted to know the unit designations. And why sometimes I dont hear a unit but I hear the dispatcher respond to what the unit said or vice versa. Its not always just rarely it happens

judas12

Does anyone listen to the los angeles school police? I have a pro-106 and still use my pro-528 and sometimes I feel like listening to school police and not lapd so I switch channels. I was wondering if anyone listened to them i know it quiet for long times. I wanted to know the unit designations. And why sometimes I dont hear a unit but I hear the dispatcher respond to what the unit said or vice versa. Its not always just rarely it happens

i never have a problem. I listen to Compton, Norwalk/LaMirada, Lausd pd, Pasadena school pd.. I just cant get Baldwin Park School PD and i live about 10 miles away. Everythin else especially lausd pd come in fine. I forget there unit id

mrbekhor

Yes I have LASPD frequencies 453.8000(Dispatch 1) 453.4000(dispatch2) and 457.5250 lausd school1
457.5375(lausd school2)

n6ciz

Premium Subscriber
The LA School Police don't have a single repeater site. They have multiple sites and use a voted/steered system so when the dispatcher replies to a unit in the field the signal is automatically "steered" to the transmitter associated with the "voted" receiver site that heard the unit the best. I don't remember all the hilltop transmitter/receiver sites but I know they have Oat, Lukens, Mt. Lee, and PV. I think there are more receive sites than transmit sites.

Anyway, how it works is, a unit in the valley transmits, the receive sites "vote" on the strongest/best signal (let's say it's Oat Mountain) and that's the site the dispatcher hears. When the dispatcher replies, it will be steered through Oat. If you're in Long Beach (let's say) you may not hear Oat as well as you would Palos Verdes (for instance). The signal is voted many times per second and may bounce between sites quite a bit. Depending on where the unit is, and where you are, and what site is being voted/steered, you may or may not hear all the traffic.

Hope that's clear enough and helps. Sorry I don't know anything about unit designations.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.