railroad pd so cal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scma127

Premium Subscriber
does anyone have the freqs for amtrak,bnsf,union pacific,southern pacific police.i live near alameda corridor i see bnsf pd all time hear in the city of compton

djgrooven

I Know The BNSF RWY Special Agents are on Channel 73(161.205 Mhz). UP RWY Agents I believe are on Channel 74(161.220 Mhz). Not sure about Amtrack, but Southern Pacific is Union Pacific.

judas12

I Know The BNSF RWY Special Agents are on Channel 73(161.205 Mhz). UP RWY Agents I believe are on Channel 74(161.220 Mhz). Not sure about Amtrack, but Southern Pacific is Union Pacific.

cool, i didnt have those freqs. Thanks for putting them up. Im in Norwalk area. Will i be able to pick them up? because i can never hear anything Union Pacific PD. Do the have PL's ?

Thanks

djgrooven

cool, i didnt have those freqs. Thanks for putting them up. Im in Norwalk area. Will i be able to pick them up? because i can never hear anything Union Pacific PD. Do the have PL's ?

Thanks

I Believe BNSF has a 95.5 pl tone, but only on their secondary PD repeater. As for UP, not sure

code3cowboy

UPPD uses 74 as their normal channel, it is also the output to the PD repeaters. 74-74 is PD 1, and 73 is another PD channel.

Amtrak Police use 63.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
does anyone have the freqs for amtrak,bnsf,union pacific,southern pacific police.i live near alameda corridor i see bnsf pd all time hear in the city of compton
I just recently read somewhere that I can't find now - either in a RadioReference or Yahoogroups thread - that either UPRR or BNSF has contracted with CHP (at least in the L.A. area) for their RR police dispatching, probably on CHP's 460.375 "access" frequency.

Kinda sorta makes sense, but I wish I could find the source, or even better, some verification.

How's that for an essentially useless answer? :confused:

EDIT:OK, here's the thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/ca...n-forum/113277-chp-460-375-a.html#post1353073 and the Union Pacific PD part begins at post #12.

Last edited:

djgrooven

I just recently read somewhere that I can't find now - either in a RadioReference or Yahoogroups thread - that either UPRR or BNSF has contracted with CHP (at least in the L.A. area) for their RR police dispatching, probably on CHP's 460.375 "access" frequency.

Kinda sorta makes sense, but I wish I could find the source, or even better, some verification.

EDIT:OK, here's the thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/ca...n-forum/113277-chp-460-375-a.html#post1353073 and the Union Pacific PD part begins at post #12.

That doesn't make any sense. I know both Railroads have their own law enforcement (Special Agents).
I know that BNSF contracts to Olympic Security for security and inspection.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Harry:

If that is true, there is very little traffic from UPRR PD. I listen to the CHP UHF frequencies constantly, and I haven't heard any UPRR traffic. I'm not saying UPRR doesn't use the CHP channels, if they do, it will be boring listening. CHP uses two channels down here in L.A.: 460.375 and 460.45; many times both channels are simulcast. I checked the FCC database and no other UHF frequencies appear to be licensed to CHP in the L.A. area. There are some state channels licensed in the 453 range down here, but those channels appear to be licensed to other state agencies.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
That doesn't make any sense.
I'm just passing along what the other guys wrote, and I wondered about it too, but not enough to ask. My thought was that maybe they use "CHP access" to get a hold of or coordinate with local PDs (almost all of whom in L.A. County are now on UHF, of course) when they need it. Someone would have to ask the guys who posted it for more info about the contract they're talking about.

I know both Railroads have their own law enforcement (Special Agents).

Oh yeah, I got to know a couple SP Police Officers quite well back in the early 80s. I worked a second job supervising alarm response for a private patrol outfit, and once upon a time I interrupted a burglary to a boxcar at what was then called "Metro Warehouse" on the west side of Mill Street south of 6th down in the Rat Hole.

It was late on a weekend night, and LAPD didn't have anybody to send me right away, so I asked my dispatcher to try Southern Pacific police. THEY got one of their officers out there in about 5 minutes, with his K-9, and we caught the crooks, and everybody lived happily ever after (except maybe the suspects). LAPD arrived a few minutes later and offered to take the guys and book them, but the SP PO said he'd take care of it, thank you. :)

The RR copper told me that since this place was leased from SP, and involved one of their boxcars to boot, to just call THEM whenever we ran into anything, as they were almost always in the downtown area and almost always available. They were using 161.22 at that time, which I promptly punched into my scanner and kept an ear to from then on. It turned out that a number of our accounts were either buildings or on land leased from Espee, so SPPD became our default "back up" almost as much as LAPD was.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
That doesn't make any sense. I know both Railroads have their own law enforcement (Special Agents).
I know that BNSF contracts to Olympic Security for security and inspection.
The statement was that UPRRPD would use CHP for dispatching only. They still would maintain their own PD.

I have heard UPRRPD on CHP UHF out here in the San Bernardino area, but no dispatching. Only records related stuff.

code3cowboy

The statement was that UPRRPD would use CHP for dispatching only. They still would maintain their own PD.

I have heard UPRRPD on CHP UHF out here in the San Bernardino area, but no dispatching. Only records related stuff.

UP maintains UPPD with the cadre of Special Agents. CHP is contracted to provide standard police dispatching services (running checks through CLETS, NCIC, and local records checks). Some of the Agents use the CHP services more than others.

Though the CHP UHF network provides a good deal of coverage state wide, it does not cover all of the UP or SP right of way. Looking over the map of relays (not including RX only sites) the system covers the majority of metro areas. Looking over the map of all CHP UHF sites, it looks like UP would be able to at least get out in an emergency.

As a side note, there is not much consistency through UPPD. I have done a few favors as well as some paid work for UP, and have been told flat out the Agents I know are lucky in regards to having access to UHF mobiles and portables. The portables were paid for out of pocket. I presume the company is or has already purchased some equipment for the metro areas (where Agents work 12 hour shifts) but am frequently reminded not to expect much.

karldotcom

I have heard UPPD on CHP Access also....and it was one way as described in Dave's original post. It makes all the sense in the world to me, as CHP is the lead Homeland Security agency in California...and copied on all "suspicious activity" FI's in the state.

code3cowboy

I have heard UPPD on CHP Access also....and it was one way as described in Dave's original post. It makes all the sense in the world to me, as CHP is the lead Homeland Security agency in California...and copied on all "suspicious activity" FI's in the state.

I was under the impression CA DHS which was rolled into Cal EMA was the lead state level homeland security agency.

http://www.oes.ca.gov/WebPage/oeswebsite.nsf/Content/632D41CE002A1C05882575610064B2C8?OpenDocument

Last edited:

w6pea

KMA367
Thanks for the post. I also heard somewhat of the same thing bout CHP contracting with the two railroads,but that was near Cajon Pass area.
73 de w6pea

djgrooven

KMA367
Thanks for the post. I also heard somewhat of the same thing bout CHP contracting with the two railroads,but that was near Cajon Pass area.
73 de w6pea

I think depending where the special agents are at, they have access to most of the law enforcement dispatch systems. Just today I heard BNSF police on 2-DC-1(SBCO Sheriff). So you know that they also have 800mhz capabilties.

UP agents use AAR 74 RX-161.220 and their repeater uses pl 167.9
BN agents use AAR 73 RX-161.205 and their repeater uses pl 91.5

markclark

Premium Subscriber
UPRR Police have been very active lately on 460.375 and 460.45Mhz with traffic stops, issuing citations, and running warrant checks through the L.A. CHP dispatcher. I've been hearing most of the traffic starting in the afternoon. It sounds like they finally got their dispatching program up and running.

ActionJackson

BNSF PD Frequency(ies)

Had a chance to see BNSF PD exhort a young man who got his car stuck on the tracks at MP 49.1 on the Cajon Sub Friday night. Monitoring 161.2050, 161.1900 and the "1" System with Bank Open produced no results as I watched him transmit from his vehicle as he leaned on the door. "Signal Stalker" got a quick blip in the 812 - 823 range so I know he was on a trunked system as this is the input range. Opened the "8" System bank and still nothing. There's no way he could have been hitting the "6" or the "7" System from where we were so my question is this...what system are they on and what is their TGID ??

Status
Not open for further replies.