Need help with Riverside County, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
just need some advice on what would be the best way to program my scanner (BC346XT) for Riverside side County.

I would advise downloading a copy of Freescan and using that to get the system from the Radioreference database. You probably will need to buy a converter for serial to usb unless you have a spare serial port that will take the Uniden cable. The database here has 24 trunked systems and 30 conventional ones for that county in your state. It will cost you $15.00 for a six month membership and maybe $30.00 for the converter if you need one.

The Freescan software isn't the ultimate, but I was able to figure out how to use it to install systems without having to go to the help files.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I would advise downloading a copy of Freescan and using that to get the system from the Radioreference database. You probably will need to buy a converter for serial to usb unless you have a spare serial port that will take the Uniden cable. The database here has 24 trunked systems and 30 conventional ones for that county in your state. It will cost you $15.00 for a six month membership and maybe $30.00 for the converter if you need one.

The Freescan software isn't the ultimate, but I was able to figure out how to use it to install systems without having to go to the help files.

Also, I hope your scanner does 700 MHz for when they start moving to the new system in about 18-20 months.

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Also, I hope your scanner does 700 MHz for when they start moving to the new system in about 18-20 months.

what do u mean start moving to the new system my scanner has a range of 25 - 225 MHz 400 - 512 MHz
806 - 960 MHz 1240 - 1300 MHz so it would not work?what scanner would work? i have BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.